• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Updated to LRT 4.6 now cannot find my original files

#1 Jamesparsons74
All the original RAW files that were saved in LRT contents seem to have gone away and all I can think is that the upgrade I just did to LRT 4.6 did something. I kinda need to get those files as I was just going to move them all to an external drive.
#2 Jamesparsons74
Under the contents section of the app, where I had been saving all of my RAW files, is empty. I have been doing regular Time Machine backups to the computer, but even having trouble finding the original RAW files in there.
#3 Gunther
What do you mean with "Contents Section?"
LRT4.6 upgrade does not do anything to your files normally. You should always have your RAW files in a special folder somewhere on your harddrive or external drive. LRTimelapse will only read them, never modify them.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 Jamesparsons74
Gunther, looks like the 4.6 update install erased everything in the contents folder. This is where I had been saving my RAW file downloads per your tutorial. Thank god I was able to find the original files on my Time Machine backup. Perhaps a warning for others who may have done the same? In the future I am going to load directly to a folder on my desktop FIRST so I can put them on an external drive where they are safe.
#5 Jamesparsons74
maybe it was not what I was supposed to do, but I was loading my camera files from the memory card, to a subfolder in the "contents" folder in the LRTimelapse app.
#6 Gunther
Argh - you loaded them into the Contents folder of the app? Beware!! I've never said this in any of my tutorials. I'm more then sure.

The App itself consists of some files and folders that are normally hidden, please don't touch them! Of course, if the app is being updated, it will be exchanged with a new one thus everything in there will be renewed.

Never, never save anything into your applications folder, that is not an application! Always have a separate folder somewhere in your user directory or an external drive, where you save your files.

Anyway, I'm glad you found your backup!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: