• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Upgrade to 5.7 Worries

#1 Dale Davis
I am always concerned about upgrading when my existing program is working absolutely fine! I am using 5.4 build 614 and very happy with everything working just fine. I don't need any new Adobe DNG upgrades either since I have been using the same camera forever. If everything works fine, why do I need to upgrade. I am totally happy with my existing program.
#2 Gunther
Hi Dale, in every LRTimelapse update I improve things, add features, speed up things. Normally there is no reason to not update - I mostly release betas before the final versions so there is no big risk in anything getting worse after an official upgrade. Upgrading is only a download and 3 clicks - so no big deal. And also I'm here to help if there are any issues.
In any case: I only give support for the latest versions. So if you stay with an old version and something goes wrong or you have any questions I will ask you to upgrade anyway before we deal with the situation. :-) But of course, if you don't want to, leave it as it is - but now at least you know my recommendation.

One advice besides LRTimelapse: in my opinion as IT guy, I'd recommend anyone to keep their OS, Smartphones, Apps, Software etc. always on the latest updates. Today there are so many security issues popping up every day which will get normally fixed and closed quickly by the developers. But if you are months behind with your upgrades to security related software (OS etc.) you might put your data and stability of your system at risk. Every system connected to the internet is a potential target for hackers.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: