• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Use Reject Flag rather than delete images

#1 woutervdhoogen
Hi,

Reading the LR4 Long term / construction short guide I found the actual deleting a rather strange step. Not in keeping with the concept of using RAW and non-destructive editing software like Lightroom (and honestly, with 200Gb worth of images per project I would rather not duplicate everything as well).

Would it be an option to, rather than deleting incorporate the reject flag option from Lightroom and just skip / ignore those images. Over the last couple of years I have found several situations (many also outside construction / long term situations) in which this would also be practical for many other situations, e.g. to remove several images which had (annoying) birds in them, or several images with ripples in a lake that were annoying in the time-lapse, but by themselves were good images.

Cheers, Wouter
#2 Gunther
Hi Wouter, if it would be possible, I would have implemented it like this. Unfortunately Adobe does not allow to store the flags in the XMP metadata, so I cannot set them from outside.

But don't worry: in LRT4 the images don't have to be deleted, they will just be moved to another folder. This way you can always move them back into the original folder, if you want to start over. The same goes for other images you want to remove but keep. Just mark them, then right click on "new folder from selection".
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 woutervdhoogen
Thanks for the reply, too bad it won't work that way. And your suggestion is pretty much the way I do it. A second best option, and it works, but is a bit less interactive/free to try removing some images or not.

Wouter
#4 Gunther
Feel free to file a request to adobe to include the flags into the xmp data! :-)
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: