• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Using LRT, still flicker.

Sad
#1 flep
Using LRT to de-flicker. But in the output video, it still flicker.
Following are the video that I created

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AolsLyMR_C4

At the end of the vidoe, the sky is flicker.
Maybe if I modify each photo one by one, I can fix it.
Is there a easy way that I can fix it? Thanks.
#2 Gunther
This is not real flicker, the lower part of the images is not flickering.
Deflicker will be applied to the whole sequence based on the reference area you set. Check my deflicker tutorial video.

The sequence is over processed as well, if you use a lot of non-linear editing lick clarity, blacks, shadows etc. you might introduce flicker due to this heavy editing because lightroom sets the effects according to the underlying images that are changing in a time lapse from frame to frame.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 flep
Thank you for your replay Smile I got that.

I have another question.
If I do a Holy Grail workflow, does it mean I cannot apply deflicker anymore?
With Holy Grail workflow, after Holy Grail wizard, the exposure should be set. Then if I switch to deflicker workflow, then do the auto trans or deflicker, the exposure will be changed. Is this conflicting? Thanks.
(2013-11-02, 09:48)gwegner Wrote: This is not real flicker, the lower part of the images is not flickering.
Deflicker will be applied to the whole sequence based on the reference area you set. Check my deflicker tutorial video.

The sequence is over processed as well, if you use a lot of non-linear editing lick clarity, blacks, shadows etc. you might introduce flicker due to this heavy editing because lightroom sets the effects according to the underlying images that are changing in a time lapse from frame to frame.
#4 Gunther
If you really have to deflicker a holy grail sequence (I recommend to take care of flicker while shooting, see my ebook) - then in the very last step of the HG-Workflow just go to the deflicker tab and activate deflicker. No transitions, nothing else. Then save.
But be aware that deflicker will always only deflicker between the holy grail "jumps". it will not make the jumps look better, if the are off.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: