• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Using Nik Effex

#1 sclark
Hi Gunther, can NIK EFFEX (as a plugin with LR) be used to edit the keyframes? Is LRTimelapse able to ramp all those settings? I'm not clear if NIK adjusts things that are not included in the LRTimelapse metadata for ramping.
Many thanks for the great software. I look forward to upgrading to Ver.3 in January when I get to start spending my 2014 budget!
Thanks, Steve
#2 Gunther
Hi Steve,
editing plugins like NIK are not suported, since they work destructively to the images and break the whole metadata-concept.
So for time lapse editing you have to stick to the tools Lightroom offers, generally they are perfect for time lapse editing.
Best
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 DarrenC
Hi,

I realize this is an older post, but I have a similar workflow question to follow up on Steve's original.

What about batch processing a series of images using Photoshop and Color Efex 4, creating a folder of processed images. Then importing those processed images into LR, will LRTimelapse be able support the matadata concept and the overall workflow?

Thanks!

p.s. - I just downloaded the trial on the weekend and I'm starting to learn the workflow. I like how simple you've made it!
#4 Gunther
It depends of the image format you are exporting the batch processed images to. LRTimelapse supports RAW, DNG and JPG. For your use case only DNG or JPG would be suitable. But then again, those are not original RAW files anymore then and you will do all the LRTimelapse grading on already graded images. I wouldn't recommend doing so. Nik Color efex might use non linear editing, that will edit images differently according to their overal look and brightness. This can lead to flicker and other effects that are hard to remove afterwards. But please: feel free to try it for yourself - but don't blame LRTimelapse if the results are not ideal :-)
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 DarrenC
Thanks Gunther!

The good thing about working with digital images is you can try things on a small scale and see what works for you. I appreciate that you can't guarantee that LRT will work if it wasn't really written to manage files in this manner, but trying different techniques can be fun, right?!? Smile

...also check out: