• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

version 5.5.5 leaves a java exec when finished

#1 elbee
when i exit v.5.5.5, build 685, the normal icon becomes a java executable icon.. when i click the icon to start LRT again, a script appears and the application does not start.
icon screen shots shown in the attachment

// log removed //
Attached Files

.zip   lrt java bug.rtfd.zip (Size: 15.43 KB / Downloads: 2)
#2 elbee
Mac OS 10.14.6. this problem did not occur with LRT 5.5.4

one other piece of information that just became apparent to me.. this issue only occurs if the LRT icon has the "Keep in Dock" option checked... hope that helps.
#3 MMeier
Also on Mac 10.15.7: if I click on keep in dock I get also a Java and cannot open it from this icon but as I also have another icon since a long time (drag and drop) in my dock with LRT I can open LRT with clicking on this icon without any problem and LRT opens.
#4 Gunther
Thank you Monika, that's a good solution for now.

If you want LRTimelapse to stay in the dock, please drag it from the applications folder directly to the dock to add it instead of right clicking on a running instance and choosing "Keep in dock". You'll then get a second icon while LRT is running, but currently we cannot avoid that. The alternative would be to have it not kept in the dock.

I'll continue working on this - it's all due to Apple having decided to refuse notarizing the old and proven LRTimelapse launcher without any meaningful reason and made me having to find an alternative way of launching.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 Gunther
I've just published 5.5.7 beta 1 which should fix the add to dock issue on MacOS. It will also not create a duplicate Icon anymore.
Please test and give me feedback! Get the beta on:
https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-lrt...5-7-beta-1
#6 MMeier
Working perfectly fine on my iMac (macOS Big Sur 11.1)
#7 Gunther
This is fixed in 5.5.7.

...also check out: