• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Version 6.3: Slow previews at 1st launch, then now stuck at launching application

#1 Dannytym
Hi Gunther,

I've recently upgraded to version 6.3 on Win10 machine.

Previous versions from 5.6 up to 6.0.4 ran smoothly.

Current version is very slow at 1st launch.

After reboot, the application is now stuck between launch or loading directories.

Am i missing a setup?

Thanks,
Dan
#2 Dannytym
Hi Gunther,

I decided to try reinstall the older versions including 5.6 and turns out it is also having the same problems now.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
#3 Gunther
First of all you should check if you have any virus scanners or "security" software running which might block LRTimelapse.
In any case it's advisable to add C:\Program Files\LRTimelapse 6 to the whitelist of your scanner.
Then restart your computer, install the latest version of LRT from the Download page and try again.
If the problems persist, send me the log file from the Documents\LRTimelapse folder.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 Dannytym
Hi Gunther,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have whitelisted the directory on my AV and also tried disabling the AV to run LRTimelapse 6.3.

Reboot the machine after and ran it twice. Both times took over 30 minutes to open the application.

Clicking on any folder takes forever and when I tried to close the apps, twice there was the same error message: No write access to folder.

Pretty sure it's not the AV because it is disabled so I'm at my wits end.

How do I send you the text file to review?

Thanks,
Dan
#5 Dannytym
Hi Gunther,

I tried to run the application as an administrator and it opened within seconds now which is great.

I've enable AV and ran it again as administrator and it opens in seconds so it proves its not AV related but Windows related?

Any idea why this is happening now but not in the past?

Thanks,
#6 Gunther
Maybe there is some kind of access restrictions in your windows. LRTimelapse tries to scan the last path that you had opened. Should that be restricted it might hang. Also if you have any drives mounted, that are not accessible, like empty card readers or others this might happen.
You could work around this by restricting the drives or folders that LRTimelapse should scan to the ones you use for your timelapse work in the Settings (Tab Folders). This will restrict the folder tree on the left to the defined folders and LRTimelapse will then not try to scan any others.
Generally it's a good idea to put your timelapse folders there.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: