• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Vertical time lapse

#1 FableBlue2010
This is not meant to discredit Lrt in anyway, it is a great piece software. Just a general question.
I shot a sequence of photos of the moon rising as a portrait , camera at 90°, so i could have buildings included with the shot/time lapse. I did everything correctly but after the video was rendered; the vertical shots ended up cropped to a 9x16 landscape time lapse.
Did I miss something? Or is it that Lrt3 is not capable of processing a portrait time lapse? Is a portrait time lapse possible? (I have not tried this with Lr4, only 5, may be later on i will try)
#2 FableBlue2010
(2013-07-18, 16:57)FableBlue2010 Wrote: This is not meant to discredit Lrt in anyway, it is a great piece software. Just a general question.
I shot a sequence of photos of the moon rising as a portrait , camera at 90°, so i could have buildings included with the shot/time lapse. I did everything correctly but after the video was rendered; the vertical shots ended up cropped to a 9x16 landscape time lapse.
Did I miss something? Or is it that Lrt3 is not capable of processing a portrait time lapse? Is a portrait time lapse possible? (I have not tried this with Lr4, only 5, may be later on i will try)

I did some searching. And I came up with that you cannot make a "portrait" based time lapse. UNLESS you rotate the images 90° to a "landscape" view and turn your monitor or what ever you are watching it on 90° to match. Or shrink the video to fit inside a 9x16 box. I will try the latter, since i shot it in RAW it should not affect it too much.
#3 Gunther
Lightroom does only outbout landscape 16:9 videos. Since in LRTimelapse 3 will take over the video rendering, there might be options in the future to render in other formats.

Currently you shoudl output a 90deg rotated video an then use an appropriate video editor to rotate if you want that. But please be aware that videos in portrait mode are not common and might cause problems with video players as well.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 FableBlue2010
(2013-07-20, 11:44)gwegner Wrote: Lightroom does only outbout landscape 16:9 videos. Since in LRTimelapse 3 will take over the video rendering, there might be options in the future to render in other formats.

Currently you shoudl output a 90deg rotated video an then use an appropriate video editor to rotate if you want that. But please be aware that videos in portrait mode are not common and might cause problems with video players as well.

Thank you for the reply. Obviously, I am new to doing time lapses or i would not have shot it the way that i did but I seen no other way to capture what i wanted.
I do have an idea in mind (just have not tried it yet) on how and what i am going to use to try this. They are out there (portrait time lapses) but very rare.

...also check out: