• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Video Export Templates

#1 CeremonyGod
Hi guys,

I just downloaded and tested LRTemplate to compare the workflow LR+LRTemplate against FCP+Color. After half a day of playing around I must admit that I like the new workflow that LRTemplate offers me. With the opportunity to ramp WB, Exp, etc. I can adjust the photos more precisely than in Color because LRT and LR are made for photos. Unfortunately LRT gets really slow after a while (10-20min) because of Java ... (I'm using Mac OSX 10.6.8).

Anyway, one thing I didn't figure out yet is the codec stuff. I downloaded the templates for the slideshow and the video export settings, but unfortunately I can't change the codec or the bitrate. Of course I opened the template in TextEdit to modify it, but neither resolution nor bitrate nor codec is changeable.

I checked the values for the different levels on wikipedia (Wikipedia - H264 Levels) but somehow it doesn't work.
For higher resolution I used a higher level, but it won't work.
Since LR is stating errors I changed the levels for higher bitrates as well although it wouldn't be necessary relating to the H264 standards.
If I changed the H264 profile to HIGH or HI10, there's always an error message.

Usually it shouldn't be a problem to use level 5.1 with 4096x2304 @ 25fps and 200Mbit/s. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Can anybody help me?

And yeah, I don't know if LR is supporting other codecs than H264, but if it does how can I change it in the template?

Thank You!

#2 Gunther
Hi, why don't you use the PRO templates? It's all there.
I once were at the same point as you and put a lot of research work into it to make it happen. So I hope you understand that I'm not giving this knowledge away for free.

Please have a look here for all details of the PRO-Templates:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-prof...-lightroom

Best Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 CeremonyGod
Hi Gunther,

I noticed that you're offering further templates for less money, but it's not quite what I want. As I wrote I want to have a higher resolution than 3744x2106 (which is I think your 2106, right?). And higher bitrates with 422 profile would be nice as well. And last but not least: codec.
I don't know why you've chosen those settings for your PRO templates. Why not real 4K or higher bitrates with 422?

Best
#4 Gunther
Because it's not possible with Lightroom.
The provided PRO-templates give an excelent quality in fact the maximum I could squeeze out of Lightroom.

If you really want uncompressed footage you will have to import the sequence you have processed with LRTimelapse in After Effects or use Lightroom to export JPG in the highest quality or TIFF and assemble your video with another tool.
#5 CeremonyGod
Hm. Ok. Where are the limitations? Let's see what LR4 brings ... what a pity because the workaround with LRT is really nice.
#6 Gunther
I still don't understand your problem. 99,9% of the users are perfectly happy with the PRO templates.
#7 CeremonyGod
(2012-01-17, 14:40)gwegner Wrote: I still don't understand your problem. 99,9% of the users are perfectly happy with the PRO templates.

As I said: resolution (real 4K), higher bitrate (not only 40-70Mbit), different H264 profile, format .mov

Well, then I'm the 0,01% Wink

...also check out: