• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Video render 16:9 - not so much

#1 mig13
All my timelapse pics are already set to 16:9 format in my camera: 5472x3080 pixels (RAW format, converted to DNG for Lightroom compatibility).
So, when I import them in LRTimelapse and Lightroom (they are all converted to .DNG at this point)  they should stick with that 16:9 already. But I see they are imported at 5472x3648 pixels! Which is not 16:9. Why?
When I export them for video rendering they are exported at 5472x3648, and thus I have to use "Force 16:9 crop" to have the video at 16:9. But that means I have to cut from the pictures (top and bottom)...but why cut because they, originally, are already at 16:9 format!

Why is this happening?

Thank you.
#2 Gunther
Hi, I assume the camera is not really cropping the RAW files to 16:9, it might be only setting a special marker to indicate that crop. Lightroom will then probably show only the 16:9 crop in the middle (although the raw file itself is still 3:2), LRTimelapse does not evaluate those camera specific "markers".

So just set the "force 16:9" option when rendering from LRTimelapse, this will give you the video in 16:9.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 mig13
I set the 16:9 crop in the camera. At the moment I take the picture. I have this camera: Sony RX10 II.
You mean the camera just puts two black bands top and bottom to show me the pic I take it is 16:9 but not really crops it?
#4 Gunther
I think the camera writes the full RAW to the card and only sets a marker to tell the software that it should crop those images.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: