• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Video rendering

#1 rodrigo
Hi everyone, I just upgraded to version 5.5.2, tried to render a sequence and the resultant video is all pixelated and jumpy, any reason as to why is doing this, tried different setting for rendering and the mp4 seem to be the worst.

kind regards,

Rodrigo
#2 Gunther
There is an faq covering this topic: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-wei...5#pid39015
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 rodrigo
Hi Gunthe, I tried palying the videos with VLC, which is a good player IMO and windows player, which is shit IMO. But funnily enough the defunct (RIP) MPC-HC plays all of them, if with littles quirks.
regards,

Rodrigo
#4 rodrigo
Hi Gunther, I just wanted to let you know, that if am working on a project, then close the app to load another project the render video from the first remain on the render video screen.
Why is it that if you play the video after you apply the visual deflicker and play the video on the screen, is smoother than the rendered video?

regards

Rodrigo
#5 Gunther
Hi Rodrigo, could you please clarify? What do you mean with "close the app to load another project", sorry I don't understand that.
The render dialog works independently of the loaded sequence in the main screen. You can always render arbitrary intermediary sequence, this is not related to the timelapse loaded in the main screen.

Also I don't understand what you mean with "smoother" - from your former posts I have the impression that you are rendering in qualities and resolutions that your computer / gfx card might not be able to cope with. This would then show some stuttering or similar. "smoothness" in terms of "flicker" however is something else there shoud be no difference between the preview and the rendered video - if it is, maybe you forgot saving metadata or did something else wrong.

Please try to be more concise when describing what's happening, otherwise it's difficult to help.
#6 rodrigo
Hi Gunther,

In this capture image, you can see what I mean, I was working on file title park1, when I finished it, I shut down LRT to clear cache and relaunch the app,

I loaded the file park2, and did "file/render video" option, instead of loading park2 sequence on the rendering screen, the sequence for park1 remained on the rendering screen, instead of loading the already finished park2 sequence which I was working with earlier on.

Does it make sense now and is it a bug?

regards,

Rodrigo
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#7 Gunther
Thats normal. The intermediary sequence shown in the render dialog is independet from the one loaded into the main window.
If you follow the regular workflow, you will be exporting from Lightroom then Lightroom will pass over that intermediary sequence to the render dialog.
If you choose to open the render dialog manually, as you did, you will find the last rendered sequence loaded there first. If you want to render another one, you need to click on the "Choose" Button and select another intermediary sequence for rendering.

PS: What do you mean with "Shut down LRT to clear cache"?? that sounds strange to me...
#8 rodrigo
thanks Gunther, it is just my way of starting with a clean canvas, so to speak.
Combining Video Clips
Steve Jones
2022-03-15, 18:38
Last Post: artymoriera

...also check out: