• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

video templates not showing in LR

#1 RT photo
Please Help!
I'm a good photographer, but I'm not a computer guy. I have placed the two folders of templates into the lightroom presets folder structure just as the Readme instructs, the user templates show up, but not the video presets in the LR teplate Browser in Slideshow Mode. When I select all and click export video I get an error message:
Cannot create the encoder instance, h264OutVideoNew failed.
error: h264ourtVideoChkSettings- no library function available
error: No encoder library could be found!

I love the ebook, love everyones movies, and am dying to make one too.
Thanks for any help.
Frustrated
PS: I'm using:
LR 3.5
LRTL 1.7.2
OS 10.5.8
#2 Gunther
If you installed the templates right, the video Templates appear inside the file chooser when exporting the video.

In Slideshow module click on Export video, in the now appearing dialog the bottom most box lets you chose the video templates.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 RT photo
(2012-03-18, 00:57)gwegner Wrote: If you installed the templates right, the video Templates appear inside the file chooser when exporting the video.

In Slideshow module click on Export video, in the now appearing dialog the bottom most box lets you chose the video templates.
Thanks Gunther. OK. Yes, I see the lrt templates in the bottom of the dialog box and I check 30fps to match the user template of 30fps I had selected in LR.
When I click export I get the error box.
Attached is a screen shot of the error box.

Thanks for being patient!
Cheers,
RT
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#4 Gunther
If none of the video-templates work there seems to be something wrong on your system. Never heard of a case like that.
Have you tried reinstalling Lightroom?
#5 RT photo
(2012-03-18, 12:26)gwegner Wrote: If none of the video-templates work there seems to be something wrong on your system. Never heard of a case like that.
Have you tried reinstalling Lightroom?

I see the lrt User Templates in the LR template Browser and the lrt Video Temples in the dialogue box, but when I click OK I get the error box I attached in my previous post. Attached here is a screenshot of how I have the folders set in preferences. LR has functioned flawlessly, up to now- for years. I'm a little afraid to reinstall it with over 50,000 images in the catalogue.
Thanks for your help.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#6 Gunther
Seems you installed everything right, but the error message says that it cannot find a video codec on your system. So there is nothing about this I can do, looks like if there is something wrong with your Lightroom installation.
A new installation of LR won't do any harm to your catalogue.
You could try to install LR4 trial parallel with an empy catalog, and see if it works there.
#7 RT photo
(2012-03-18, 20:13)gwegner Wrote: Seems you installed everything right, but the error message says that it cannot find a video codec on your system. So there is nothing about this I can do, looks like if there is something wrong with your Lightroom installation.
A new installation of LR won't do any harm to your catalogue.
You could try to install LR4 trial parallel with an empy catalog, and see if it works there.
SUCCESS!!
I finally got it to export. I did a reinstall of LR, but I also carefully (took me a number of tries) followed the work flow of a user I found on line.
He has it really simplified (which is what I need). I think the problem was that I was not having LR "read" the new meta data from lrt.
Now I can re-read your book and have something to work on.
Thanks so much!!!!
RT

...also check out: