• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[VIDEO TUTORIAL] Installation of DSLRDashboard on TP-Link MR3040

#11 count300
HI, I followed your tutorial exactly. But at the last step where you connect the camera, DSLRDashboard detected the camera which is Nikon D90, but nothing else happened, no live view showing up. It just stays on the screen attached below.

Am I missing anything? Thanks!
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#12 Gunther
Just tap on "Nikon DSC D90"
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#13 TheModScene
hello.
i just got another mr3040. im charging the battery. do i install the firmware for the router first fromt he website and then install the dslr dashboard firmware? or do i just charge the battery and start putting the dslr dashboard firmware on right away?
#14 Gunther
You should directly install the firmware image from http://dslrdashboard.info
It's all included.
#15 TheModScene
ok thanks,
I got it on last night. im not sure if I if I disconnected it too early or something. I hit save and then disconnected the cable and turned it off and onagain. when I hooked up the tplink to my camera, it had 2 green lights on. power and internet. wlan and Ethernet never came on. I couldn't find the router on my phone. I saw there was something about redoing the router settings to 192.168.1.(a number 1 - 25) I tried one real quick but that did nothing. so the phone cant find the router and dslr dashboard cant find the router either....back to the drawing board...if anyone knows what I did wrong please help.
Smile
#16 TheModScene
I thought I had the MR3040 flashed. I could never get it to turn on in my Android Galaxy Note3. So I tried to rename the IP to something other than .1 through .6. Still it doesn't work. So I will retry setting the MR3040 to factory settings. then retry the DSLR dashboard and use something like 192.168.1.10 or something. hopefully that will work. Windows 8 just doesn't look like the videos. I notice now there is a DSLR and qDSLR dashboard. are they very different? which one is for the Android/Canon combo? I wish someone sold the MR3040 already flashed Smile that would be helpful. IP stuff always messes with me.
#17 atiklc
Wonderful narrating. Thank you. Works perfect.
#18 Gunther
@TheModScene: you should only use the latest qDslrDashboard from http://dslrdashboard.info - Zoltan has a documentation there as well.
#19 MiloVosch
I just received my TP-Link and came home to upgrade and install. I got it up and running on my first attempt. No problems on OS X Mavericks and IOS. I have been using Camranger for a couple years and so far I think I prefer DSLR Dashboard. Really nice layout and functionality. Good install video and great product! Thanks so much. I look forward to getting out and shooting some Holy Grail sessions Smile
Peace and Love from Vancouver (^^)
#20 TimG
Excellent video Saw0. Thank you for taking the time to make it as well as posting it. Also thanks to Gunther and Zoltan for their collaborative effort.

...also check out: