• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Videos don't render properly

#1 kfloerke
Hello Gunther,

I searched for these topics but have yet to find my exact problem. I have used LRTimelapse with success many times, but for the last few weeks I've been unable to successfully render any videos using the internal or Lightroom-based render methods. I have tried changing many variables and using different source sequences, but nothing is working. The videos typically have one frozen frame for the duration, or are black until the final frame.

The log shows this error repeatedly, for every image in every timelapse:

2024-03-04 23:39:49 [WRN] ExifTool error: Warning: Error reading SR2 data - /var/folders/cf/rlpj7cxd4lxgc_08h31p_chc0000gn/T/lrt_15917546721191799318/6b08861b2772759d/20230717-Kevin Floerke-090452faed41a15735.dng

I couldn't find any thread describing this issue or how to resolve it. Any ideas? I am using a Macbook Pro M1 Max with 64GB RAM on Sonoma 14.2.1 and I am using LRTimelapse v6.5.4 with a Pro license.

Thanks
#2 Gunther
Hi, let's try to sort that out a bit.
First of all the exiftool warning, this can be ignored and I will omit it the log file in a future version.

Now about the rendering in LRTimelapse: Export and Render are 2 separate processes. First an intermediary sequence will be exported, whether you export from Lightroom or internally. Those intermediary TIFF or JPG sequences will end up in folders with prefix LRT_*.
Please check those export folders: are all files there? Do they look correct? I assume so.

Now we can rule out the export process and check out the rendering.

In LRTimelapse go to File/Render Video, make sure that "Render pre-exported Intermediary Sequence" is checked, and select the exported intermediary sequence via the "Select" button.

Now set your render settings and carefully monitor the warnings in the center of the dialog. They will tell you, if you run in any incompatibilities with the chosen render settings. I'd recommend to start rendering with the "Standard 4K UHD" preset and check "Force 16:9 Aspect Ratio" for maximum compatibility.

Render and check if the video plays back well.

Here is some related faqs:
https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-ren...e-sequence
https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-wei...5#pid39015

If you still encounter problems, please send me the log after rendering (Info menu / show log) to support(at)lrtimelapse.com
Also let me know, which video player you are using, it might also be a good idea to check the clips in a video editor like davinci resolve rather than only in the player.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 kfloerke
Mystery Solved: The sequences I've been working on lately have all had a crop/zoom effect and I missed the warning that this is incompatible with motion blur. I disabled motion blur and all videos are back to rendering properly.

Thanks Gunther!

...also check out: