• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Visual Deflicker Issue

#1 CSSmedia
I am trying to process an old sequence that was shot in RAW using the Visual Workflow.

Everything was going okay until the Visual Deflicker stage.

The Visual Previews processed as expected, but when I added the Deflicker process, the preview image split the image vertically down the middle, with each half having a different exposure. This exposure indifference also varied as the preview played back.

I tried saving the metadata and reloading in Lightroom, but this did not fix the issue.

I've attached screenshots that I hope will help verify the issue I'm having.

Can anyone help? Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug in the process?
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
I could only imagine this being caused by one of the gradients.
Maybe you removed one of the predefined gradients when editing? This might mess everything up.
I suggest that you start over by removing the folder from the lightroom catalog, then "Metadata/Initialize" in LRTimelapse. Now do the normal process, make sure to use the sync script:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-how-...ync-script
and make sure not to delete or add any gradients:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-what...htroom-acr
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 CSSmedia
Thanks for the reply again Gunther.

This is a possibility, as I did make use of one of the 4 pre-defined gradients, then I decided I did not want to use it on the sequence.

I was trying to be wary of this causing a problem, so I did CMD+Z to undo the action until before I touched the gradient before syncing with the script to the next stage.

Maybe this has caused the problem.

In this case, if I want to 'undo' an action before syncing with the script and moving onto my next keyframe, what is the best process to use?

I'll try re-intialising and will post my results after.
#4 Gunther
Undo should normally work as expected. But in some cases it might be the better option to just "Metadata/Read Metadata from File" on the keyframe that you want to redo, to set it back to the state how LRTimelapse initialized it.
#5 CSSmedia
I have just got around to re-processing this time-lapse sequence.

I'm pleased to say that second time around there have been no problems like the screenshot showed.

I'll bear in mind your suggestion about re-loading the metadata from within Lightroom when I want to 'undo' an edit/adjustment - especially on a function like the gradient filter.

This discussion has led me to a new question that needs answering...

If I have completed the editing process but would like to go back and make further changes, such as adding a gradient to all of the images, what is the best way to do this? I know you do not advocate use of the sync function in Lightroom, but in this case, do you recommend using this function?

Your help is much appreciated!
#6 Gunther
Especially to redo only the gradients is difficult, since the gradients are being used for deflicker and holy grail leveling to, so if you copy/paste or sync the gradients you will destroy those settings.

With any other single setting you could do what you thought of, but not with the gradients. In that case you would have to redo the keyframes from left to right using the sync script - or edit the gradient individually on every keyframe without copy/paste/sync.
#7 CSSmedia
Great, this is good information to have.

I will remember and try this on future time-lapses!

...also check out: