• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Visual Preview & Lightroom Render

#1 simonplantphoto
Hi,
Im rendering out a night to day TL but having a few issues.
When I view my edited frames in LR Time-lapse's visual preview everything looks good but once the processed jpegs are added into Premiere I'm noticing there are still issues that were not shown in visual preview.
Is this common or is there a chance my metadata is not being saved to the raw files?
Regards Simon
#2 Gunther
Premiere Pro will not process xmp files. You need to export from Lightroom via LRT Export, then render the video in LRTimelapse and then bring the rendered video to Premiere.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 simonplantphoto
Thanks I purchased the book but don't remember reading that.
To be clear I'm using ...

LR Time Lapse to edit Raws saving XMP>
Open LR and reading XMP>
Filter to keyframes images>
Makes edits >
Save XMP in Keyframes images>
Reload images in LR Time Lapse>
Auto Transition>
Deflicker>
Save>
Open LR and reading XMP>
Export Raws as required sized Jpegs..

So I shouldn't use this method for rending Raws and exporting Jpegs but only export with LR Preset?
Simon
#4 Gunther
I thought you tried to bring your raw+xmp sequence directly to Premiere.
If you export via LRTExport from Lightroom and render a MP4 and then play that back with Vlc player, does that look OK?
#5 simonplantphoto
No I'm applying the XMP data saved from LR TL within LR then exporting as Jpegs.
I then import the images as a sequence in Premiere and export the video.
It looks ok in Visual Preview but they final video does not have the smooth transitions.
Simon
#6 simonplantphoto
I will try exporting via LR Time-lapse Preset and see if that helps
#7 simonplantphoto
Ive output the files through LR Preset but as I'm testing on free version could not render video.
Looks fine in LR Time-lapse but output is very different as you will see around 26sec and 41 sec.
Ive adjusted these many times but as I said on output they still look bad but seem to be fine within LR Time-lapse preview.
Video Test File
https://www.dropbox.com/s/azrfg5z3lj1bvx...t.mp4?dl=0
#8 Gunther
I can't currently watch your video, because I'm traveling with limited internet only.
But since you are working with the test version of LRT, most likely you might have more images in Lightroom then you are processing in LRT, which you are obviously using in the free version.
To sort that out, I'd request you make a new folder (with a different name) - copy 400 images into that folder.
Remove the old folder from Lightroom, otherwise it might detect the images as duplicates.
Also check the notes on the "Install" page https://lrtimelapse.com/install about the "Automatically write XMP data" setting, you need to turn that off in Lightroom.

Then follow the workflow once more on that new folder.
Start with "Metadata / Initialize" in LRTimelapse, since you might have edited that sequence before.
Take care of the basic advices of the tutorials and instructions https://lrtimelapse.com/workflow - visual workflow - when editing.

When bringing this new sequence to Lightroom, it also should only show 400 images.
After using LRTExport for exporting, render the Video in LRTimelapse. It should show all of your edits.
#9 simonplantphoto
Hi again.
Yes Im currently using free version while I'm getting the hang of everything and plan to purchase full version once I'm competent and getting results with LR Time-lapse and the Control My Camera app (which I also have issues with).

ALL SETTING IN LR ARE AS INSTRUCTED

Ok so my current workflow in Lightroom is I have my Raws separated into several folders with 400 images or less in each
I process one folder at a time.
So once Folder 1 is complete I copy my setting from the last raw in Folder 1 into the first Raw of Folder 2 etc etc using LR Time-lapse sync script.
It requires some fine adjustment but looks fine once completed.
The Holy grail sometimes works fine but other times I'm selecting several frames and using these as keyframe to gradually change the exposure for a graduated effect.
Ive edited this TL several times over the last week and looks ok in in visual preview but as I mentioned still looks awful once Raws are exported.
Am I missing something here?
Thanks for your time I appreciate it.
Simon
#10 simonplantphoto
Im going through the videos again to see if I'm missing something or making an error in my workflow.
If I edit an image in Lightroom and save metadata when I refresh those images in LRTL should I see the first column turn red or at least the image Ive edited? If so then that is not happenning and might be why my changes do not seem to be sticking.
I have noticed after editing in LRTL I do re save but it looks from the video Ive re watched that I dont need to do this and my setting are auto saved to metadata and I simply need to red meta data within LR.
When I go into LR however I do not get any visual warnings on Thumbnails that there have been changes to metadata which I'm sure from the video I should get.

I'm just trying to see if there are any issues I'm introducing.

...also check out: