• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Visual Preview & Lightroom Render

#11 Gunther
After reloading in LRT the fort column doesn't get red. It only does, after making changes in LRT.

Please see this faq, to do some troubleshooting: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-keyf...vise-versa
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#12 simonplantphoto
Morning thanks for the links it was good to read and check a few more things like DNG software was up to date.
Ive rendered a sequence that yet again looks great when finished via the Visual preview and even when a draft video is rendered out but again once 5k Jpegs are exported it's has big jumps (flashes) in luminance and colour balance.
Im not convinced Im seeing the column go red when making changes and suspecting nothing is being saved BUT as I said the draft videos in LRTL and Visual preview looks good so it seems something is not transferring to LR.
FYI I dont use the drag to Lightroom button as the images are already catalogued so simply save. Not sure that has any bearing but I'm simply cant see what is going wrong especially as my last TL looked great when I had finished it.
#13 Gunther
In Lightroom, select the whole sequence in Grid View (G) , then metadata/read metadata from files. Now you should have all edits from LRTimelapse in Lightroom.
Maybe you could check that on single images in Lightroom, please note that Lightroom will only update the preview if you are on the image.
Now export again and render.
#14 simonplantphoto
Ive spent the day re-processing files again and I've followed your advise although nothing seemed different from the workflow I was working with.
Unfortunately It's still pretty much the same outcome.
What I can't understand is if the visual preview in LRTL and the small preview video Ive rendered out from LRTL look ok why should anything change when the metadata is saved then applied in Lightroom or is this not a reliable indication?
Maybe working with full version will provide a better quality and an easier workflow.
Regards Simon
#15 Gunther
Just to sort that out: the Visual Previews are generated with the Adobe DNG Converter. It just develops RAW+XMP.
When exporting the timelapse from lightroom, it will be Lightroom which develops RAW+XMP.
If the images look right in Lightroom (XMP are applied), they will also export correctly (check the intermediary sequence in the LRT_* folder) after you exported.
From those exported images, LRTimelapse assembles a final timelapse into a video.
So if you are using a current version of Lightroom (anything from 4 to Lightroom CC Classic) there shouldn't be differences between the visual previews in LRTimelapse and the output in LR, if you follow the workflow.

One more thing: I've watched your demo video now: in the beginning everything looked fine. That was the 400 images which are allowed in the demo version.
If you try assembling multiple sequences to circumvent the limitations of the demo, please understand, that I cannot give support for that and this might not work. Ich you buy a license, you won't have to do those workarounds anymore and you'll have my full support.
#16 simonplantphoto
Hi Gunther, thanks for clarifying the above it's good to know how it works fully.
Yes I'm still using the free version while learning and only creating personal videos-free content.
I understand I'll need the full licensed version for any commercial work.
I also understand creating a TL in several parts is not going to be as smooth sailing as loading all the images from one folder.
Thanks again for your help it's much appreciated.
Simon

...also check out: