• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Visual Previews

#1 gdhumphreys
I can't seem to get the Visual Previews or the Visual Deflicker to work in LRTimelapse 4. When I go through the process and click Visual Previews, it indicates it is developing the new previews, but once finished the previews do not reflect any of the changes made. Also, Visual Deflicker remains grayed-out. Any suggestions?
#2 gdhumphreys
I figured it out: I didn't have DNG Converter installed. It is working now.
#3 Gunther
Great that you figured it out. Didn't you get a warning about the DNG Converter not being installed?
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 gdhumphreys
Yes, I got the warning. And then I got excited about all of the new features LRTimelapse 4 has, spent several hours editing an approximately 800-frame timelapse, and completely forgot about the warning. Of course, then I came here to see whether anyone else was having this problem, posted, and then went back to my timelapse. And that's when it hit me I didn't have DNG Converter installed.
#5 Gunther
Thanks for the feedback :-)
#6 jvoruda
Hey Gunther, I'm having the same issue with Visual Deflicker being grayed out. We just upgraded to LRTimelapse 4 yesterday. I'm not sure if it makes a difference but I originally installed version 4 on top of version 3. I downloaded DNG Converter (version 9 which seems to be the latest) after receiving the pop up notification when I first launched LRTimelapse 4. Today I uninstalled LRT4 using the script and reinstalled fresh. I did this mostly because the version 3 icon was carrying over. I thought it may also fix the grayed out visual deflicker button, but it did not. Any thoughts? I'm running the Mac version on OS X 10.10.3 and Lightroom CC.

Unrelated question, is there a good workflow for HDR time-lapse sequences using LRT4? I remember seeing something about HDR in a pop-up menu but I'm not sure where to start. I love your software. Keep up the awesome work.
#7 Gunther
Visual deflicker will be grayed out as long as the visual previews have not been completely generated.
Best way for HDR would be the new 16bit HDR DNGs from Lightroom 6, but currently you cannot create them in batch.
#8 shakalabbit
I'm running the same set up and have run into the same problem. DNG 9 installed, 10.10.3, LR CC

The visual preview turns from yellow to red but i don't get the bouncing dng thingies that i used to, and the deflicker button never comes up.
I can flick back to the basic tab and deflicker there, but i don't know if that means I lose any of the visual workflow settings.

jvoruda, were you able to get it to work?
#9 Gunther
Please check your path setting in the LRTimelapse settings under "External Programs" it should be exactly:

/Applications/Adobe DNG Converter.app

if not, please paste this string there.
#10 shakalabbit
The path is right but it's still not an option on the visual workflow tab. I thought maybe it was a DNG 9.0 thing, but it behaves the same with 8.8.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

...also check out: