• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Visual Previews not working

#21 klerhaugen
i will do, whitch of the save buttun shuld I use?
#22 klerhaugen
deosnt work.4
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#23 alexkeefe
Hi Gunther,

I am having an issue where by only half of the Visual Preview of my time-lapse sequence will load in the visual previews window.

See screenshot here: http://postimg.org/image/u0qcondr1/

I have converted my images from CR2 to DNG using the Adobe DNG convertor, and I selected to include embedded previews in the Preferences when converting.

I get this error message: Preview could no be loaded. Solution: please try to embed one with Lightroom: -> Metadata -> Update DNG Preview and Metadata.

So I have done this, gone into Lightroom, updated the metadata and saved it, back into LR Timelapse and no change to the visual previews.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled DNG Convertor, I can see that it is green DNG button is visible in the top right hand corner of LR timelapse. Also I have tried doing 'Clear all time-lapse edits' incase it is an issue with the metadata.

Hopefully you can help, it seem very strange that it will load half the sequence but can't load previews for the other half.

Apart from this, big fan of LR time-lapse, amazingly helpful for my correcting exposure change and flicker in my many time-lapse sequences!  

Thanks very much.
#24 Gunther
Those are not the visual previews, it's the regular previews. Those have nothing to do with the DNG Converter.
Please try right clicking on the folder in the left of the tree, then "Clear all LRTimelapse Edits". Then try loading the folder again.
Check if the previews are being loaded this time. If not, they are not embedded in the DNG files.
In this case you have to go to lightroom, select the whole sequence and then "metadata / update DNG Previews and metadata".

Then back in LRT, clear the edits again and try again. This is not an LRTimelapse fault, it's just that your DNGs don't bring the previews.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#25 Siberia
Hello.
The sequence has a jpeg preview.
Sequence cr2 no preview.
What to do?
Screenshot attached.
Thank you.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#26 Gunther
Normally CR2 should display previews. Try right clicking on the folder name in the tree on the left side, then "Clear all LRTimelapse Editing" - try loading the folder again.
#27 Siberia
I tried to do this many times.
I read Your advice on the forum.
Did not help Sad
#28 Gunther
I assume you ignored the "Non Ascii Characters" warning that you should get when loading that folder with cyrillic chars?
Exiftool won't work with those path names, that's why the warning is there.
So please make sure that the whole folder path is ascii compliant (no cyrillic characters!) - then you will get the previews and everything will work.
Wink
#29 Siberia
Many thanks Smile
Moved the folder to the root of the drive, CR2 it worked!
I was knocked that Jpg files in the same directory as the preview show.
Thanks again!
#30 Gunther
Yes, but JPGs do not need ExifTool to be loaded. So they might work in folder with special characters, raw files not.

...also check out: