• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Visual Previews not working

#31 sameyeam
I'm having preview issues but different from what is described here. I'm using 4.5.1 on windows 7 and processing native Nikon D750 NEF files. After reloading and saving, the visual previews are showing up out of order or repeating frames or something. It's very random. I can't quite figure it out. The files have not been renamed and seem to be in proper sequence in the program. It does not seem to effect every sequence but it's showing up often. Any thoughts? Thank you!
#32 Gunther
Hard to say. If you experience something like that, try to restart the program or even the computer then try again. Load the sequence, hit "Shift-F5" to refresh the previews. Now turn on the Visual previews again. See if the problem has been resolved.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#33 sameyeam
This is an ongoing issue for me. I upgraded to 4.6 hoping this would go away but it's still happening. Refreshing the previews does not make it go away. The main previews are sometime effected this same way when I load a new sequence. Then when I make my adjustments, save and reload and then go to visual previews it gets much worse. Anything else I can provide that might help you figure this out? Thanks.
#34 sameyeam
I've been importing multiple sequences into lightroom into one folder and then selecting and creating sub folders for each individual sequence. Could this possibly be causing this somehow?
#35 Gunther
Could it be that you have Lightroom set to automatically write changes to metadata?
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-ligh...s-into-xmp

Do you have the latest version DNG Converter installed?
#36 sameyeam
Lightroom is not set to automatically write changes to metadata, and yes I do have the latest version of DNG installed. Someone else earlier in this thread mentioned moving his files from a sub folder to a root folder and that fixed his preview problem. I recently started using sub folders for different shots made on the same day. My preview issue came up around that same time. I changed these back to the root folder and the problem has gone away. Seems like a bug to me.
#37 Gunther
What exactly do you mean with subfolders and root folders?

I do not recommend using the direct root of a drive, like: D:\sequence1, D:\sequence2

I'd rather do D:\My Timelapses\Sequence1, D:\My Timelapses\Sequence2 etc...
#38 sameyeam
Ok, I'm probably using the terminology wrong. Sorry for the confusion. I have a dedicated external drive for my timelapse files. I create a folder for each project. So it might look like this:  E:\2016 Timelapse\20160415_WATERFALL   If I do it this way no problem. Recently when I shoot more than one sequence on the same card I will import that card into one folder with lightroom.  Then inside lightroom I will select the shots from each sequence and put them into a sub folder that I create inside lightroom.  So it ends up like this:  E:\2016 Timelapse\20160415_WATERFALL\SEQUENCE_1.  At this point I launch LRT and load the sequence.  It's these sub-folders that seem to be connected to the issue I'm having. Does that make sense?
#39 Gunther
Normally this shouldn't be a problem, you only have to take care that Lightroom will normally show all contents of all subfolders if you are on a parent folder.
I do not recommend too to have images directly in E:\2016 Timelapse\20160415_WATERFALL too if you have some in E:\2016 Timelapse\20160415_WATERFALL\SEQUENCE_1
So just use subfolders and don't put images in the parent folders.
#40 moketoni
Hi, I have a different problem and maybe you know how to solve it. I have the timelapse photos in the hard drive, photos are .DNG after using dng converter because lightroom doesn't read my .RW2 files. When I choose the folder from the files tree in the left the photos appear in the right list, but the info of the aperture, ISO and exposure doesn't appear. The preview doesn't work neither. What can I do? I attached a file showing what I tell.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

...also check out: