• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Visual Previews not working

#61 touchthebitum
It seems ok now. I don't know what happened....
Canon 5D MKIV
Canon 50mm EF 1.4 II USM
Canon 70-200 f4 USM
Zenitar 16mm
Venus lens 60mm Macro
Samyang  2.8/14mm Dandelion
#62 philamedia
I'm having trouble with both the Visual Previews and the DeFlicker. (I have had these same issues on every timelapse I've ever produced in LrT 4. Shooting with Nikon D750 and Nikon D810. Before I import folders into LrTimelapse, I batch rename all of the files chronologically to make sure that even if the files accidentally get sorted by filename, the sequence will remain the same.)

First, most of the time, when running the Visual Previews, I end up with something like this:
https://gyazo.com/a7e903603d80d8f91d358545c3a57002

I've tried the Shift+F5 command to delete the previews, and then run them again. Sometimes it works, most of the time it does not. I'm not switch back and forth between folders, or doing anything to disrupt the preview generation process. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the program numerous times.

On the rare occasion I can get the previews to work, the deflicker does not seem to have any effect, either. (That, or it makes the flickering worse. It also sometimes severely darkens or lightens the keyframe images.)

The result often looks like this: (this is a slowed down version of the exported video):
https://gyazo.com/71636072d50eed6bbc8f02f600dde330

Thoughts on this? Thanks!
#63 Gunther
This is not normal. I can only recommend to start over and try restarting from scratch (right click on folder / clear all LRTimelapse adjustments). Then try again. Make sure that you don't have Lightroom set to automatically write xmp (see install page), make sure to not have Bridge open. Check your image sorting too. Is recommend to always use the Exif sort, no need to manually rename. Also you could use the rename feature in LRTimelapse. It will be accurate.

Mobile via Tapatalk.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#64 jsharpphoto

I am having similar problems, but not exactly.  I'm using .DNG files made in lightroom by "Export as DNG" in lightroom.  My LRTL4 has no trouble building the visual previews.   However, after the "frames left" count gets all the way to zero, and the line across has turned green, the "visual deflicker" is still grayed out.  I have the latest DNG converter.  I have tried starting over after hitting the "Clear all LR Edits", and I've done it several times, but it never solves the problem, and I'm getting tired of re-editing the sequence.  

See attached screenshot.
[Image: http://delivery.jeremysharpphotographer...._lrtl4.png]
#65 Gunther
After the previews have been generated, carefully check the whole sequence for one missing preview (check the visual lum Column). It might be One File That is corrupt.
The logic is, that once all visual previews have been generated, the visual flicker still be activated. If all previews are there and the button still is deactivated, just try restarting LRTimelapse and reload the sequence. Click on visual previews and wait for them to load. If the button then still is deactivated, please send me the log file (info menu).

Mobile via Tapatalk.
#66 jsharpphoto
You were correct. Somehow a few random files got corrupted, I found them, and replaced the source file and everything worked. Thanks.
#67 Nikolas
Hi there everybody.

I did not read every post in this thread, but struggled with the same issue.
I have found the problem on my side and hope it will help someone else too.

Check your folder permissions. Somehow the files did not have Read & Write permission, only the folder and that's why I couldn't get the preview to work. I always got stuck with the red line.

Hope that helps.
Cheers,
Nikolas
#68 Gunther
It seems that you are loading a sequence that has been processed with LRT3 or LRT2 before, so maybe migrating the holy grail compensations has not worked properly. Please restart from scratch by using "Metadata/Initialize". Then try again. The combination of Holy Grail Wizard and Visual Deflicker should give you a smooth clip.
#69 Cameracraig
Hi Gunther, I've been using LRTimelapse for a couple of years now, and can normally get through any issues with the use of the forum, however at the moment I'm editing a time-lapse shot in RAW and can't generate visual previews. I've updated to the latest Adobe DNG converter, and re-imported the photos to a new drive with a simpler file structure, but nothing has fixed the issue. The only obvious thing I can see is that the DNG converter is not lit up, even though the path is correct. Please advise (and thanks for developing such an incredible program).

Craig
#70 Gunther
Hi Craig, if the DNG Converter symbol on the top right of the UI is not green, LRT cannot locate the DNG Converter. Please double check the path in the Settings/External programs. Check the log file (info menu) after launching LRT, it migh help. If you are in doubt, please send me the log after launching LRT, loading the sequence and activating the Visual Previews.

...also check out: