• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Visual Previews stops processing every 15% increments

#1 zjdoliver
Hello, I reviewed several forum entries but I haven't seen a satisfactory answer to the issue. I have the latest version of LRTimelapse, DNG Converter on a windows 10 system etc... In the application I enabled the applications recommended access to all processing processor threads (14 cores/28 Logical Processors).

Every ~15%-20% increments (15%, 32%, 50%, 70%) the Visual Previews just stops incrementing, meaning it just doesn't increase. The application is NOT frozen and everything seems to be working properly. I did notice when I open the task manager there are quite a few (never counted them but safe to say over 100) "Adobe DNG Converter" processes occurring so i'm led to believe that the computer is being overwhelmed by "Adobe DNG Converter" processes and the app isn't freeing up any while processing.

Based on other forum threads it seems the solution is to close the app and restart it but I go another step further by restarting the computer since the "Adobe DNG Converter" processes are still there.

Is there any way for me to resolve this problem since some of my timelapses are quite large 5k+ images?

I enclosed the image of the 1st of many pages that have the "Adobe DNG Converter" processes
#2 Gunther
From what you say, it seems that the DNG Converter instances never finish and thus the whole process stalls.
Please reboot your system, then lower the number of parallel threads in the LRTimelapse Settings / External Settings for example to 8 and then try again.
If the problem is gone, you can try to increase the number and try again until it starts to fail again.

Using as many parallel processes as you have processing cores requires, that the whole system is very stable and fast. If for example your timelapse sequences are located on a slow harddrive or network drive, the system might run into timeouts.

In any case, the DNG Converter instances should eventually finish. If the don't something is wrong.

If the problems persist even with a lower amount of parallel threads I'd need the log file after the problem occurs. You can access the log via info menu / show log.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 zjdoliver
Ok, thank you. I will try to process from my SSD to see if that helps. Thanks for the quick response! btw, i just watched your vid for qdslrdashboard which I had for 2 years with no success so i forgot about it for a while. I tried again last night with my Sony a7R3 and it worked flawlessly. I have been trying to get the timelapse+ to work but very buggy with my setup and now I wish i saved the money!! lol. Thank you so much!

...also check out: