• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What am I doing wrong with keyframes here?

#1 truelife
This is a panoramic sequence so for many reasons, I had to finish in JPG. I'm using the basic workflow with about 12 keyframes, but can't seem to master the transition from night to day here. Could anyone (Gunther) give me some ideas?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e64gt5hn70jr0g...B.mp4?dl=0

Thanks!
#2 Gunther
I'm afraid the highlights are clipped when you go from sunrise to sunset. You most likely won't be able to recover them, because that information is not in the image files, that's why you see that pumping. You should have exposed less in that situation.
Those day to night to day sequences are hard to shoot, technically. So I guess you will have to practice a bit more.

One tip for editing: splitting the sequence into two parts day to night and night to day might make it easier to edit. Just make sure that the last image of the first part and the first image of the last part have the same edits. After finishing the editing in LRT/LR you can recombine them before exporting.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 truelife
(2017-05-12, 20:43)gwegner Wrote: I'm afraid the highlights are clipped when you go from sunrise to sunset. You most likely won't be able to recover them, because that information is not in the image files, that's why you see that pumping. You should have exposed less in that situation.
Those day to night to day sequences are hard to shoot, technically. So I guess you will have to practice a bit more.

One tip for editing: splitting the sequence into two parts day to night and night to day might make it easier to edit. Just make sure that the last image of the first part and the first image of the last part have the same edits. After finishing the editing in LRT/LR you can recombine them before exporting.

Yes, I could never master the sunrises with the Ramper Pro- it doesn't ever seem to be able to go from day to night and back to day again. But I'm also not terribly experienced in shooting many of these.

As far splitting the sequence up. Do you mean exporting two separate videos and combining them or just putting the images in separate folders and then combining them into the same folder? What would be the logic in this, out of curiosity? Does it somehow make it easier on the keyframing? 

Thank you!
#4 Gunther
I guess that was then bad ramping from the RP, dunce the images are definitely over exposed.

Splitting will just help making the editing easier, since you can deal with the sunset and sunrise independently and will not have such s big sequence loaded. If separate just the images into 2 folders, edit them, then join them back together and export the full video.

Mobile via Tapatalk.
#5 truelife
Just getting back to this same project and wondering how to fix this issue where it seems either my Ramper was fluctuating up and down in exposure or the clouds were covering the sun frequently. Any idea on how to fix?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sdxwbw4ixupnh2...o.mp4?dl=0
#6 truelife
Still looking for an answer on this since I'm getting enormous flicker on this...
#7 Gunther
Sorry, im travelling with limited internet only and cannot see the video. Please try the search option for flicker and check my instructions. If the images are overexposed (blown highlights) you won't be able to fix them since the information then is missing.

Mobile via Tapatalk.
#8 HxPI
I have similar overexposure of clouds in some images in a sequence. I'm thinking the issue was were the camera was measuring for exposure. I had it pointed towards the sky thinking that it would properly expose for that. However, that causes some flickering and I'm guessing it's because the sky can fluctuate quite a bit, especially if there are clouds. I'm thinking it might be better to point the cameras exposure meter towards a more neutral target, i.e. ground or background object. I'll try that out on my next outing!

Ciao,
Mel
#9 Gunther
I'd recommend not to trust the camera metering. Use M mode instead, don't over expose! It will ruin you sequence. Learn the holy grail approach, I recommend my ebook time-lapse shooting and processing. See the banner below.

Mobile via Tapatalk.

...also check out: