• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Is Dynamic Perception Still In Business?

#1 grantkaye
Does anyone know if DP is still in operation? I can't get anyone at sales or support and their phone number seems to go to a Google Voicemail box? Also their Facebook page doesn't have any recent posts. Thanks.
#2 philhastings
Would love to know the answer to this too. I've actually ordered something from the website for my film program and haven't gotten any response or updates though the dept. credit card was charged. I've sent an email to sales and got an automated response saying my question was forwarded to support and I've tried calling but continue to get a "the Google account you are trying to call is not available" message.
It would be nice to know what's going on.

Phil
#3 TheModScene
Gunther, do you know if DP is still in business?
#4 Tony Stephenson
I returned a faulty NMX Controller to them (Delivered on 11th April). No response. Mail to support, and no response. Telephone number not available. If anyone knows where I might find a controller, I'd be very grateful. Thanks.
#5 Gunther
I heard they might not be in business anymore. However, that this happened without official announcement and they leave their customers like this is quite strange and a major bummer imho.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#6 mopperle
Rumors are telling that he wants to make a deal with Emotimo., but I doubt this:
https://support.emotimo.com/hc/en-us/art...f-business-
So maybe you better write off your NMX controller and ask Emotimo whether/how they can keep your existing equipment up and running.

EDIT:
AFAIK the PINE II Controller from Black Forest Motion also works with the correct cable with your existing equipment.
https://blackforestmotion.com
Gruß/regards

Otto
#7 mopperle
Just had a conversion with Moritz from Black Forest Motion (BFM) and here is the solution for all having problems with Dynamic Perception:
1. The NMX controller can simply be replaced by the Pine II Controller, you only need new cables to connect the motors.
2. Regarding the motors you have 2 options:
- BFM offers two types of cables for your DP motors depending on the connectors they have (old Molex or Pro version)
- you can get motors from BFM and adapt them to your DP equipment (carriage and Stage R Rotary Pan/Tilt Unit)
This video shows how to do:
https://youtu.be/UdEPNHr9Ki4
Gruß/regards

Otto
#8 Gunther
Thanks Otto, for sharing this info.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#9 Patrick Bennett
Would anyone know where I can buy a Motor Mounting Bracket and Screws that DynamicPerception uses on their motors? I have the extra Black Forest Motion video motor and it would just be faster to switch without unscrewing the four screws. I also have the Pine II controller on my DP Sapphire and it works great!

Thanks for any help.

Patrick

...also check out: