• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Which slider bundle do you use ?

#1 Kaiokai
Hey dear timelapse community

I need some help from some person with more experience with sliders.

I'm currently using the genie mini for adding motion in my timelapse and i realy love this small Gadget.

But i realy would like to go a step forward and i'm searching a nice slider.

The bundle from dynamic perception with the stage zero plus and nmx pro looks great but i would like to now from some one which use it in the field already, if he can recommend it or if there are other system which works better.

I would like to use the genie fot the panning and a slider.

So i need so recommondetion Smile

Wish all of you a great time and thanks for some great inputs

Kai
#2 Gunther
S1 and NMX are great and very flexible, but If you want a small plug and play device, check out the Rhino Slider too!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Kaiokai
(2016-06-28, 12:47)gwegner Wrote: S1 and NMX are great and very flexible, but If you want a small plug and play device, check out the Rhino Slider too!

Thx for the fast replie.

If a buy the ready to run s1plus and nmx pro, do i need some other stuff or can i realy start to use it with my sony a7ii and with one or 2 tripods ?

I think with the s1 i have more option in the future as with the rhino.

Maybe one day i would like to use some gear from emotimo

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
#4 mr_mrs_b_photography
I currently use a 2ft slider (generic make) with a SYRP GENIE & SYRP GENIE MINI the genie does the slider movement and the genie mini pans at the same time and because they are connected to each other using a sync cable I can control both from the one app on my phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
#5 KidsOfAllAges
In my opinion the Stage 1 is still the Go-To slider for advanced timelapse. The Rhino EVO is a great video slider but a bit limited if you want to use it for timelapse.
If you go with the S1 and NMX, you could even use your Genie mini as a pan axis. You would just need to connect the output of the Genie to a GPIO input of the NMX and put the NMX in slave mode. Then you can use both together, but you would have to have both apps on your mobile device and set the movements of the slider and the Genie independently, which might be awkward.
The Rhino controller does not have the ability to be synced or triggered from an external device.
Both sliders would eventually work great with the eMotimo (TB3 or St4), btw.
If you buy the S1, get the Bi-Pod legs and the wedge plate as well if you want to use your Genie as a pan axis or get a decent ballhead (Sirui, Novoflex, Manfrotto... ). Other than that, the Stage One bundles are pretty much ready to go, depending on where you buy it.
kids-of-all-ages.de

Motion Control Rental, Sales & Service
Timelapse Slider, Pan &Tilt, Controller

Offizieller Distributor von
Dynamic Perception, eMotimo, Rhino Camera Gear, TBox Systems
& Berkey System

Wir sind Partner der Teltec AG

#6 Slugger Media
I own the DP Stage One Plus and am extremely happy with it. Rock solid and very expandable, you can set it up in any config you can think of. 
Their customer service is unbeatable! Any questions I had about how to set it up or which motor to use etc were immediately answered via phone or email and I was walked through the process, usually by Jay the owner who is awesome.

It does take some time to set up and break down, may not be the best for run and gun video stuff but I look at timelapse as a slow process anyway.

You just need the cable for Sony cams and you're ready to go. The great thing about the NMX controller is it's also an intuitive interverlomater and SMS workflow workhorse without the guesswork. You just tell it the frame rate, interval, and desired duration and it tells you how long it will take. I've used to borrow a freinds Kessler PB slider with the basic controller and the math was quite a pain and I got mixed results especially with SMS. I sometimes use the NMX without the slider because the app is so easy to use.
#7 stefgodin
what are the differences between DP Stage One Plus bundle and PocketSlider PT PRO / 3-Axis bundle ?
Both look great for motion timelapses !
#8 KidsOfAllAges
I'd say the most obvious difference is that the Stage One slider is almost infinitely extendable (depending on your budget), the Pocketslider has a fixed length as far as I know.
kids-of-all-ages.de

Motion Control Rental, Sales & Service
Timelapse Slider, Pan &Tilt, Controller

Offizieller Distributor von
Dynamic Perception, eMotimo, Rhino Camera Gear, TBox Systems
& Berkey System

Wir sind Partner der Teltec AG

#9 stefgodin
yes, not the same price for a 3 axis complete bundle too...
Nothing else in the field ??
#10 Julian Elliott
I ended up with the Kessler 2nd stage shoot and their purpose built slider. Can't remember the name of the slider but the rail it uses can be bought elsewhere in different sizes. So as a travel photographer and time lapse creator it's not always convenient to lug around a 4ft slider so I found where I could get the rail and got a custom sized one for my suitcase Smile

...also check out: