• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

White Balance - random value

#1 olihar
I am going absolutely crazy here, LRTimelapse always seems to change my white balance when I reload the xmp into Lightroom.

It does not seem to be fixed value its just some random value it makes up each time.

It seems to happen for me for RAW files both from Canon and Sony. I tried changing the White Balance handling in LRtimelapse, it does not change anything.
#2 gwegner
LRTimelapse always sets a default White Balance (not random, just a default value) when initializing the sequence. When you start editing the keyframes, just set the desired White Balance on the first keyframe. You can also set it to "As shot", if you prefer.
Check out my e-book Time Lapse Shooting and Processing!
Subscribe to the LRTimelapse Newsletter!

lrtimelapse.com - advanced Time Lapse Photography made easy!
gwegner.de - Fotografie, Zeitraffer, Video, Reisen.
facebook · Google+ · twitter · vimeo
#3 crdeantonio
I'm having a reverse issue where I've loaded my images into Lightroom and have edited the keyframes. I gave all keyframes the same white balance (astro sequence) of 3600 and tint of 20. However, when I reload back into LRT, the first keyframe reflects these values, but for some reason, the second keyframe's values go up to 5850 and the tint changes as well. No matter how many times I update keyframes in Lightroom, save the metadata and reload in LRT, the same thing happens. Any ideas?
#4 gwegner
This is indeed strange and not expected behavior.
Could you please check, that all images that you have in Lightroom are also in LRTimelapse - check the filenames of the first and last. Check also, that the sorting in Lightroom is set to "Capture Time" (toolbar in grid view).
Now, you could try to synchronize only Whitebalance to all images (set filter to Full-Sequence). Now save Metadata for the Whole sequence and reload the sequence in LRT.
If the WB values are still wrong, then maybe you might be working on different folder or something else, I'd recommend to go through this faq then: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-keyf...vise-versa

#5 ridindave
I've also noticed such behavior, new to LRT4 : when choosing any WB preset in LR (including 'as shot') most images within LRT are set with the correct WB, but some seemingly random ones switch to 5850, with a different magenta/green value also. At that point, I can ignore the issue, do the job in LRT, save xmp, and then reload in LR & resync just WB, becvause of xourse when reloading xmp I also reload these inconsistencies.
The only way I've found to fix this issue is to switch in LR from any WB preset to 'custom', save all xmp here in LR, then reload in LRT. This way, everything is consistent...
#6 gwegner
Does this happen after Autotransition or before? Autotransition should make a smooth transition for the WB Values. Please describe your workflow and when exactly this happens!

#7 ridindave
Gunther, it appears at very first stage, when loading xmp data for the first time.

Next time I'll see this, I'll dig into a faulty xmp, to see if it's a read or a write issue here...
#8 ridindave
ok, just had the issue this morning. Let's say I have 2 contiguous frames, both WB are set to 'as shot'. Within LR, 'as shot' is 4850/1.

When loading in LRT, the 1st one is set correctly to 4850/1, the next one is set to some apparently 'default' wrong values that always is 5850/8.
I had checked LR xmp : their WB are both set to 'as shot', so it does not contain specific values, and probably relies to some other metadata that lie inside raw file itself instead of xmp.

At that point if I reload LR xmp in LR, nothing happens, as it reapplies correctly the 'as shot' preset.

Inside LRT, the frames that have wrong WB, also have missing lens informations, as if incomplete xmp loading was occuring. Here is a snap :

https://imgur.com/cf5kVc4

xmp are just fine, lens information are all set, something seems to prevent LRT to load correctly xmps...
#9 gwegner
As shot is not a white balance value. Only the numbers matter.
If you want to be on the safe side, use custom and the numbers.
When I'm back from my trip to South America I'll be happy to analyse your problem in depth, this will be by the end of October. Maybe you can send me a short test sequence then.

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...

...also check out: