• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

White Balance Temp/Tint transitions problem while using HDR DNG's

#1 Drey
Helo Gunther,

I was creating a day-to-night sequence using HDR DNG's merged from brackets using Lightroom ("Ctrl+H" thing) and run into a problem - LRTimelapse 5.0.6 (and previous ones as well) do not want to work with white balance adjustments. After setting up keyframes in LR, saving metadata to DNG, LRT reads pretty much all settings including WB changes, but immediately after that, during "Checking/fixing XMP" it completely obliterates WB Temp & WB Tint columns (removes them from view etc.) and does not want to recognize them after that to create transitions for those and save to XMPs. When doing "read metadata from files", LR would reset all frames to some default "5001" temperature.

I managed to finish that sequence anyway by inventing some crazy workaround... I re-started the sequence again in LRT 4.7.8 - this version does not remove Temp/Tint columns after first "Reload" and is able to calculate all transitions (including WB) between frames, but still does not save WB to XMPs.
So I needed to manually enter all those Temp/Tint values into every XMP file. I wrote some automation editing script for that, so it was a matter of maybe 10 min for 300 frames, but still...
Next "load metadata from files" and after that immediately "save metadata to files" to store everything in DNG's (without it, first previews renders without correct WB).
Now I was able to do a Visual Previews and apply a deflickering and after that needed to input all WB values manually one more time into all XMPs, load into LR and sequence was ready to export.

I was working with DNG sequences before and did not have that problem, so it's probably something with that HDR-DNG format - I think there might be 32-bit TIFF with some custom metadata inside (?), but no clue why LRT skips that WB Temp/Tint adjustments...

Anyway, here's a part, which I needed to manually add to all XMPs (two middle lines):

Code:
      <crs:WhiteBalance>Custom</crs:WhiteBalance>
      <crs:Temperature>7475</crs:Temperature>
      <crs:Tint>+7</crs:Tint>
      <crs:Whites2012>-60</crs:Whites2012>

If you need any more intel about that issue, I'll be glad to provide whatever you need - just tell me what.
Best Regards
#2 Gunther
Most likely you have to change the white balance treatment in the LRTimelapse metadata menu.

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Drey
Oh! So simple... Can't believe I haven't noticed this function before Smile Changed it to "Absolute" and after reloading got Temp/Tint columns back. Thanks and cheers! Smile
Tint jumping
Sasha
2022-01-07, 00:48
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: