• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

White Balance Weirdness

#1 CloudLapser
LR 4.4
LRT 3.1

A folder of pictures shows a White Balance of 5550 in Lightroom, but LRT3 shows the White Balance as 5850
#2 Gunther
Have you saved metadata in Lightroom? Please try again.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 qwRad
I have a problem related to this or perhaps the same one.

Whenever I initialize a folder, run the keyframes wizard, save the metadata and go back to Lightroom to load the metadata there and make my edits LRTimelapse has changed the whitebalance of the files. They are always set to temp 5850 and tint +8 in and I have to manually change the keyframes back to "As Shot" before making my adjustements.

I'm using Lightroom 5.3 and LRTimelaps 3.2.1.
#4 Gunther
When initializing the sequence LRTimelapse will always set a default white balance since it cannot decode the white balance setting from the camera.
When editing your keyframes in Lightroom, you might however set your White Balance to "As Shot" again, to recover that setting.
#5 qwRad
(2013-12-16, 15:13)gwegner Wrote: When initializing the sequence LRTimelapse will always set a default white balance since it cannot decode the white balance setting from the camera.
When editing your keyframes in Lightroom, you might however set your White Balance to "As Shot" again, to recover that setting.

Ah, thanks for the info. So what I've been doing is just the normal workflow. I think I had just forgot about that since it's been a while since I last used the program and it was an older version so I thought this was new behavior.
#6 Aarondds
I too am having a white balance issue. LRT is changing the white balance in the shadows and highlights. You can see it flicker but only in color. Very distracting. I actually have spent many many hours trying to figure out what the issue was... LR or my new 6D or LRT.

After processing without LRT: workflow -> LR, After Effects, Premier. There is no color change.

I am now downloading the most up to date LRT 2.3.2 mac version to determine if it is an issue in that version as well.
#7 Aarondds
(2013-12-29, 21:49)Aarondds Wrote: I too am having a white balance issue. LRT is changing the white balance in the shadows and highlights. You can see it flicker but only in color. Very distracting. I actually have spent many many hours trying to figure out what the issue was... LR or my new 6D or LRT.

After processing without LRT: workflow -> LR, After Effects, Premier. There is no color change.

I am now downloading the most up to date LRT 2.3.2 mac version to determine if it is an issue in that version as well.

Okay so LRT 2.3.2 does not exhibit the same issues as LRT 3! The problem lies in LRT management of the images. I now will unfortunately use LR 4 and LRT 2.3.2.
#8 Gunther
I can assure you that there is no change in WB handling between LRT2 and LRT3.
Furthermore there is no way to change WB "only for the shadows" - there must be something wrong with your editing or something else I would like to try to figure out, but I need some more information if you want me to.
#9 Aarondds
(2013-12-30, 11:51)gwegner Wrote: I can assure you that there is no change in WB handling between LRT2 and LRT3.
Furthermore there is no way to change WB "only for the shadows" - there must be something wrong with your editing or something else I would like to try to figure out, but I need some more information if you want me to.

Thanks for the quick response. I have been deep in the holidays and some travels. My workflow follows the instructions. I have tried this not just in a holy grail example, but in semi-midday light without the need to adjust exposures. Although it is most noticeable when the exposure must be adjusted as the available light decays.

I can send the videos so you can see what is happening, if that would help

https://vimeo.com/84552847

it is most obvious in the snow on the middle right of the frame
#10 Gunther
Sorry, I can't see any problems on that sequence. Sensor might read slightly different color values sometimes, I sometime experiene that with night sequences - not much you can do about that - definitely not an LRTimelapse issue.
You might use the Motion Blur Plus when rendering to smooth that out.

...also check out: