• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Why are deleted RAW files returning as JPG files

#1 Fergatron
Hello,

I am using LRTL 4.5.1 and have loaded a RAW sequence into it. I have then gone through and deleted images I do not want in the final product.

When I reopen the folder, the deleted files have returned but as JPG files (see attached)

Why is this happening?

Is it a setting I need to switch off? 

I only want to work with the RAW files not the JPG from the sequence.

Regards,
Anna
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
Because you shot in RAW+JPG mode and LRTimelapse obviously only deletes the JPGs.
Best would be to remove all jpgs from the folder.
When you use the LRTimelapse importer to bring the images from the Card to your computer, there is an option to not copy the jpgs.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Fergatron
Hi Gunther,

Yes, I shot in RAW + JPG.

I did not use the importer to bring the images in from the card. I used Bridge and then I split the sequences in LRTTimelapse into new folders. The only files that were visible in the sequence were the RAW files. The JPG files were not visible.

When I am editing the sequence I only see the RAW files but when I delete files I don't want in my sequence then close out of the program and reopen it LRTTimelapse repopulates the sequence with JPG files where I deleted the RAW files so then I have to through and delete the JPG files that match the deleted RAW files. It is very time consuming. What is the quick workaround to this? Do I need to go into finder and sort my folders by filetype and delete all the JPG files that accompany the RAW files?

Thank you,
Anna
#4 Gunther
Yes, exactly. LRTimelapse Shows only the raw files, but does not delete the jpgs currently.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: