• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Why did my qDash change interval mid sequence?

#1 MDieterich
Hi,

I used an emotimo TB3, D750, and my Samsung phone to complete a holy grail via qDash. I set the interval in the TB3 to 10 seconds, but now after reviewing the photos for some reason my interval was changed to 20 seconds after shooting 547 frames at a 10 sec interval. Any though as to why this happened? The bad part of this is now half my video is double the movement speed since the TB3 moved more compared to in the beginning 547 frames. Attached is a photo in the sequence where the interval changed. As you see below the red box shows the jump in interval time 11 seconds to 20 seconds.

Thanks for the help,

Matt
#2 Gunther
I assume, while getting longer exposure times due to the ramping at some time the camera was not ready when the next interval trigger came. Then it misses each second trigger.
Make sure to use an intervalometer that does not block the camera for too long (like the original ones from canon and nikon do for example), I recommend the Pixel 252. Check how long the "dark time" must be in your setup that means how long your maximum exposure time with a given interval can be, bevor the camera skips a trigger.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 MDieterich
Hi Gunther,

My intervalometer for this sequence was the TB3, which is what concerns me. My interval set on the TB3 was 10 sec. I think next time I will try for adding 2-3 seconds to see if that keeps my interval of 10 seconds constant. I clearly did not add enough dark time which is hopefully the reason for why my camera missed every other frame.

Matt

...also check out: