• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

How to grant Full Disk Access to LRTimelapse on Mac

#1 Gunther
On latest MacOS, applications are not allowed to access the Documents folder, Desktop folder, network drives and external volumes anymore.

LRTimelapse doesn't want to restrict you in the places where hold your timelapse files, therefore it will need access to those locations. They are inside the folder tree that LRTimelapse builds, and as the tree gets built, LRTimelapse will request the access.

Additionally LRTimelapse currently uses Documents/LRTimelapse for the Lightroom Interface and log, that means, you need to allow at least access to the Documents folder, when you get asked, otherwise LRTimelapse will not work.

I'd strongly recommend that you agree to all access queries that OSX will show while working with LRTimelapse, otherwise you might get issues in the workflow!

You should get asked only once for each permission, OSX will then remember it.

Full Disk Access

If you experience any problems, I'd recommend to allow Full Disk Access for LRTimelapse and the Adobe DNG Converter.

1. Open the OSX System Preferences, go to Security & Privacy.
  2. Now open the lock on the bottom left of the dialog, confirm with your password.
  3. Choose the Privacy tab in that dialog. In the left bar, choose Full Disk Access
  4. Click on "+", then choose LRTimelapse from your Applications folder.
  5. Close the lock to accept the changes.
Check the attached image to see the dialog.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 MarkMark
Since I’ve installed Catalina LRTimelapse gets stuck in generating Previews. First time ever a problem after years of updates and working perfectly. Tried all the suggestions on the forums that I am aware of. Seems the latest DNG converter is not responding or maybe not being located. It doesn’t seem to start the Converter during Previews. A Force Quit shows the many calls to DNG Converter with a Not Responding message during the generating Previews step. I haven’t changed the location or where it is looking for the Converter - in the Applications folder. Is this the correct location for the Converter? Yet, DNG Converter works if independently run on a batch.
#3 identitaet
I've expierencing the same issue - the Previews are not generated and a lot of DNG converters pile up in the system.

Any way to make it work? (Mac 64GB Ram, 8 Cores, MacOS Catalina, LRTimelapse 5.2)

Thank you and Greetings,
Mathias
#4 MarkMark
Thank you for your reply identitaet. I still haven’t figured it out yet but I do so many Time Lapses and am on time schedules so needed to continue work. Unfortunately, I can’t wait to figure it out so I am not using LRTimelapse until I can get it working again. On the upside it has necessitated learning other ways of creating Time Lapse videos. There are many. Not the quickest way but still process in LR, export and make the video in FCPX.
#5 Gunther
Please try also granting the Adobe DNG Converter Full Disk Access in Catalins as explained in my first post here on top?
#6 MarkMark
Thank you gwegner, Unfortunately, this did not seem to work. I had already given LRTimelapse access under Privacy. I am thinking the problem may have something to do with my installation of Catalina since a few programs have stopped working (which may not yet be updated to work with Catalina) and I can no longer access the Mac App Store (perpetual spinning ball). Also, a few other odd things occasionally occur after my installation of Catalina.
#7 Gunther
I meant that you should give full access also to the DNG Converter, not only LRTimelapse.
If that doesn't help considering your other issues a fresh setup might be the best.
I've thoroughly tested LRTimelapse with Catalina, and normally it works perfectly.
#8 MarkMark
Thanks. I gave full access to the DNG converter and LRTimelaspse. I have since reinstalled Catalina. Nothing has worked so far. I will keep working on it as there seem to be other problems as well such as not being able to log onto the Mac App Store. I will go back to earlier versions of the Mac OS since LRTimelapse always worked with ever OS update and LRTimlapse update and upgrade - for years without a single problems. I miss using it and look forward to figuring this computer problem out. I appreciate all the individualised help. I will be out of touch of computers for the next month due to holidays but then resume.
#9 mcoda92
MarkMark. I am having the same issue. If you find a solution please let us know!
#10 MarkMark
I called Apple support since there are several issues with several apps on my system since installing Catalina. They were unable to figure out why these things are not working correctly and moved it up to their senior advisors. They are talking about a software glitch in Catalina with some of these failures to open apps and their data base search could not find other users reporting it. They are investigating a fix for me (as soon as they can figure the solution out) and then fixing the issue in the next update of Catalina.

...also check out: