• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Windows 10 Computer Rebooting

#1 markinvegas
I am running the latest version of Windows 10, GTX1080 and an i7 8700k CPU.

I have run various different stress testing software on my computer and it passes with no issues at all.

When using LRTimelase Pro 5.3 everything is fine except when I try to do visual previews. I edit my images do auto transition then visual preview. It runs for about 60 seconds then my computer turns off and restarts again. I can't get this to happen with any other software.

Note: Happened with 5.2 and previous versions but worse in 5.3.
I have updated my graphics card driver and still does it.
I have also tried to use 4 threads instead of 12 and same issue.

Thanks in advance Mark
#2 Gunther
Hi Mark,
Are you the one that also wrote to me via email? In that case you already sorted out your problem which was obviously a faulty ram board.

Just a small remark:
Its quite confusing and causes unnecessary work for me if you guys write here and in parallel via email. It's totally sufficient to post your support requests here in the forum. I check it as frequently as my emails.
The advantage of the forums is, that others can take profit of those Q&A also, for example when they search for an answer by themselves.
Thanks for considering!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Jojo5589
I had the same problem with LRT5.3. I had the issues on my notebook, on which I made some modifications. I lowered the core voltage from the cpu to save energy. It had passed all stresstests without any issues. But it was a too low voltage for the visual preview. So I gave the CPU a bit more voltage, arround 30 millivolts, and all was good. So what I think, you have either overclocked your cpu or made voltage modifications. Otherwise you wouldn't use stresstest tools. Try it with stock settings and have fun with LRT5.3
#4 Gunther
Yeah, LRTimelapse really goes to the edge of any system because it tries to parallelize as much as possible. That means, that it will definitely put a lot of stress to the computer and any thermal problems, faulty ram boards, too much overclocking etc. might get visible in form of a computer crash. It's a good stability stress test for any computer! ;-)
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: