• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Wisdom of the crowd needed in frustrating problem in Premiere..

#1 motiyairl
Hello guy’s,

I’ll start from my problem and then I’ll give as much information as possible.
My problem is when I import to premiere a video file in 4K resolution that I rendered from LRtimlapse OR import to premiere full resolution jpegs from lightroom (shoot in Canon 5D MK3 in full RAW then export them to Jpegs) without editing them in LRtimlapse I get artificial visual problem (sincerely I have no clue what it called), the problem is that I see Pixelation problem in the preview window in premiere and if I export the Movie let's say in YouTube 4K preset so in the exported movie as well.

I spent yesterday 6 (!!) hours talking with Adobe support with the only conclusion from there part is that if I take a high resolution movie (files from LRtimlapse) or Jpegs (5760 * 3840) this problem is what I get if I downscale the exported movie to 4K YouTube. To get rid of the Pixelation problem I have to raise the bitrate when I export the movie. So we tried 100 bitrate, yes we see less pixilation but there are still there Especially in areas like the sky or clouds, so we tried 200 !! less but still there..
Then he told me to export them on PRO RES, so we took a 1.02 giga, 15 sec long movie and export it to 16 giga (!!!) movie that I can't even play in my 5K Mac. (WTF)
I'm really frustrated, no idea what to do. Does not make sense to me that Primere can’t handle exporting JPEGS or 4K movie to 4K movie to YouTube without any pixelation problem..
In the Preview window in premiere the man told me that when I import the 4K/Jpegs to primere now my settings are:

[Image: http://i64.tinypic.com/1i0m5f.jpg]

so he told me to put those settings:

[Image: http://i68.tinypic.com/29cqw4p.jpg]

that's it.. and to raise my bitrate when i export the movie's..

Here is my workflow for both import and export the Jpegs sequence and the Lrtimelapse movie..

My workflow for Jpegs sequence:

[Video: https://youtu.be/WYp3YwFgFb4]

The result:

[Video: https://youtu.be/2lceZbvSCP8]

My workflow from movie from LRtimelapse:

[Video: https://youtu.be/crXS2j4Qqxk]

The result:

[Video: https://youtu.be/8sgb18LjrJQ]

I KNOW that something is wrong but I don't know what.. What a frustration... 

I'd love to get help/tips, I even Willing to send my original files for those who want.. I don't care.. I need HELP.. PLEASE!!

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Moti
#2 Gunther
I don't know exactly which artifacts you mean but the quality of the YT video is not very good I admit.
To take stress from the encoder and save bandwidth you should use an ND filter and long exposure times during the day, this will blur the movement from the tree and leaves and save a lot of bandwith -> you'll get much better quality.
In post processing you could use LRTimelapse's "Motion Blur Plus" - best would be additionally to the long exposure times, but for the current sequence you could try it on its own.
Apart from that your footage seems to be clipped (overexposed) and over processed. This could lead to artifacts too. The colors are way to strong and the sky seems to be clipped in the lower areas (color shift to cyan).
It's much about doing it right when shooting to get perfect results after rendering. Not everything can be fixed in post processing.
I'd recommend my Ebook to learn the right shooting techniques, see my footer here.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 motiyairl
(2017-03-08, 13:49)gwegner Wrote: I don't know exactly which artifacts you mean but the quality of the YT video is not very good I admit.
To take stress from the encoder and save bandwidth you should use an ND filter and long exposure times during the day, this will blur the movement from the tree and leaves and save a lot of bandwith -> you'll get much better quality.
In post processing you could use LRTimelapse's "Motion Blur Plus" - best would be additionally to the long exposure times, but for the current sequence you could try it on its own.
Apart from that your footage seems to be clipped (overexposed) and over processed. This could lead to artifacts too. The colors are way to strong and the sky seems to be clipped in the lower areas (color shift to cyan).
It's much about doing it right when shooting to get perfect results after rendering. Not everything can be fixed in post processing.
I'd recommend my Ebook to learn the right shooting techniques, see my footer here.

Thanks Gunther for the quick reply,
The artifacts that i'm talking about is pixelation (and overall Picture as it does not look smooth and 'clean') and the part of the sky (upper right and upper left), I have movies that you can see Pixelation problem (again, in the part of the sky).
About the Blur and use of an ND filter, this shoot was 1/60 in shutter speed, I don't think it's short exposure. I didn't understand why ND filter -> long expusure will live bandwidth that will cause better quality, what is the connection? this is explained in your book? 

About the over processed - I tend to agree with you, about the over exposed I don't think they are.
How about my Workflow? did you find it good? do you have Recommendations/tips? especially in the Sequence settings..

**Small question: when i'm doing the post process in lightroom I Usually change "Camera Calibration -> Camera profile" I have pretty much there and it's rare that i leave it on "Adobe standard" **

Again thanks for the reply and your patience.

Moti
#4 Gunther
Yes, it's all explained in my book. 1/60 is not a long exposure. As a rule of thumb you should use 1/2 of the interval ( a couple of seconds) as exposure time, this will make everything much smoother, because it blurs the movement of the trees.
#5 motiyairl
(2017-03-08, 15:39)gwegner Wrote: Yes, it's all explained in my book. 1/60 is not a long exposure. As a rule of thumb you should use 1/2 of the interval ( a couple of seconds) as exposure time, this will make everything much smoother, because it blurs the movement of the trees.

I'll buy the book ..

1/2 of the interval so if my interval is 10 sec (or even 15 sec for example) so my shutter speed has to be 5 sec long ?? it's not way to much?

**Small question: when i'm doing the post process in lightroom I Usually change "Camera Calibration -> Camera profile" I have pretty much there and it's rare that i leave it on "Adobe standard" **  LRtimelapse Knows how to handle with this change?

*** I started over (the post editing on the image) without any color etc change. sharpening, Lens correction, ana a little bit Shadows then did the process in LRtimelapse, I don't know if i'm hallucinating but I can see Pixelation in the preview window in LRtimelapse. 

Can it be that the "problem" is already here?

[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYdEqBjr...e=youtu.be]
#6 Gunther
From my experience you get the best resulted with shorter intervals during the day. Mostly I use 4-6 seconds. 3 seconds exposure then is fine. But of course it depends from the scenery.

Camera profiles are supported. Just set it on the first keyframe.

The LRTimelapse preview is low quality for performance reasons. And it's not color managed.

sent mobile via tapatalk...
#7 motiyairl
(2017-03-08, 20:56)gwegner Wrote: From my experience you get the best resulted with shorter intervals during the day. Mostly I use 4-6 seconds. 3 seconds exposure then is fine. But of course it depends from the scenery.

Camera profiles are supported. Just set it on the first keyframe.

The LRTimelapse preview is low quality for performance reasons. And it's not color managed.

sent mobile via tapatalk...

First of all thanks for the reply, I know that you are very busy man but you are almost the only one how answer in this forum and in fact this this the only forum that I encounter in the internet that is related to Timelapse.

I bought the book yesterday, but i need to deny any problem that are not regarding to the shooting process, like Premiere problems.. did you see my work flow and my sequence settings? did you find something wrong in the process? or my export setting? are you doing something else in primere? 
Again Gunther - Thanks for your patience.
Moti

...also check out: