• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Workflow calculations / strange ?

#1 djoubert
Hi,
using Lrtimelapse for a Night to day timelapse, I would like to be sure to well understand the holy grail workflow and calculations.
( I applied this workflow following the video tutorial ).
2 points seems to me a little bit strange:
-1- after " calculate auto transitions only for special type of keyframe / all but HG" I saw that for some parameters between 2 consecutive keyframe( green ones) with same value, the calculated values are slightly different ( ex : white K1: 52 / K2 : 52 et values between could be 53 / some slight gap of 1 or 2 on others parameters )
-2- question : are the values calculated between 2 consecutives keyframes take into account that there is some exposure adjustments linked to the keyframes generated by the keyframe wizard ( oranges ones ). it seems to me that there are not taken into account. So I am wondering if that could lead to negative effect in some cases because the parameters like "white" are adjusted to compensate the exposure. I am thinking that it should be better to choose the keyframe like for the basic workflow? / Maybe I misunderstood the workflow...
Thank you for any explanations about the calculations
Best regards
Dominique
#2 Gunther
1) Because LRT connects all keyframes with smooth curves, consecutive ones with same value might not be connected by a line but rather a slight curve as well, you can see this in the curves plotting as well. In practical use this mostly has no relevance.

2) When using the holy Grail workflow, there are 2 layers of keyframes: 2*/3* ones to compensate for the HG-adjustments - those will be transitioned via "Exposure" only. The second layer is all other controls but exposure, they will be transitioned via the 4* keyframes. Exposure will not be touched.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 djoubert
HI,
Thank you very much,
I realized that applying curve for transitions means that LRtimelapse is better than I was expecting !
about the second point I guess it's the same !
Thank you
best Regards
Dominique

...also check out: