• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Workflow without keyframe edits - do I need to 'reload'

#1 Ken80770
Hi,

Quick question (I hope) - I recently completed shooting a 91day timelapse with two cameras. My images (all converted to DNG) are organised into two folders (camera 1, camera 2) and then about ten subfolders in each which correspond to when the images were retrieved. This also breaks the images down into more manageable quantities of 3000-10000 as the total is about 113000 images.

Due to the different lighting, weather, etc. I am using the Long Term Workflow in LRT but not doing any edits to my keyframes in LR. I will be processing in Premiere Pro at the very end.

Question: Do I need to click 'reload' on the second line of the LRT workflow if no keyframe edits have been made? I notice that some additional metadata is brought into LRT upon pressing this but I was not sure if this was required. I am only asking as the whole process has taken days/weeks so far and this adds more time to the process.

I am fairly confident about the rest of the workflow but if anyone has any other hints do not hesitate to let me know.

Many thanks, Ken
#2 Ken80770
...I must also add that I have watched all the tutorial videos and tried searching the forum and help but could not find anything specifically about this issue. I realise I may be overthinking this but wanted to check with the more advanced users out there. Thanks
#3 Gunther
If you don't want to edit the images in LRT/LR and only use the filters, then you could just do that: use the filters, remove the unwanted images and then continue processing the residual images.
Normally I would only start editing on colors etc. after I reduced my sequences to the final length (rather short) via multiple filtering.
I've explained that in the long term tutorial on https://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 Ken80770
Hi Gunther. Many thanks for the quick response and advice.

Just to confirm - do I need to click the 'reload' button at the beginning of the second line of the workflow? I realise I have not made any changes to the keyframes but I was unsure if this actually loaded other data into the program. Thanks
#5 Gunther
No, that's not necessary, if you didnt edit anything externally.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#6 Ken80770
Superb. Many thanks again.

...also check out: