• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Worse transition recently

#1 gmr20
I got some obvious jumps after Auto Transition recently. (Found out in Visual Previews)
Don't know it's because 4.7.1 or my camera is dying. (M-mode at sunrise/sunset)

Most of them are 1/3-stop adjustments which are quite close to each other.
Those jumps happened before, but less severe.

As you may know, Visual Previews can handle slight jumps but not severe jumps.
It makes me think, the HG-Wizard is based on shutter/aperture/iso settings to auto-adjust the brightness.
Can you make adjustment based on Preview-Lum as an option and let people judge which one works better?
#2 Gunther
You can just skip the HG wizard and use only the visual deflicker. This will do it optically, you'll just need one or two refine steps, so it might take a bit longer.

Normally the HG Wizard works quite well, you just have to take care to leave three or four frames at minimum between adjustments. Then you still use visual deflicker, but mostly one pass is enough.

Sent mobile with Tapatalk.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 gmr20
Thanks, I'll try.

There is another situation which needs "based on Preview-Lum."
When using Av-mode to shoot long-term daylight time-lapse, some cameras do sneaky 1/6-stop changes on ISO(maybe) and it won't show any difference in Metadata.

There is always an extra jump between different shutter settings.
When I set every KF manually, for those sneaky changes, HG wizard won't work. (I can only leave it to Deflicker)
It would be perfect if HG wizard can process based on Preview-Lum.

ps. Also, why not let HG wizard set KFs on Av-mode sequences automatically?
#4 Gunther
It doesn't make sense because it doesn't bring any advantages. Just use deflicker only for av sequences. You can trust me, I've put a lot of research into all of this...

Sent mobile with Tapatalk.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: