• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

XT POWER PACKS FOR SLIDER AND PINE CONTROLLER

#21 timelapsefrank
Hi Thanks for your great comment. I hope it will work just way way we would like. Nothing more frustrating them having the damn thing shut down in the middle of the sequence. Keep the forum updated about the power pack and I will do the same. I will also get the case relay for my D850 and use the same power pack as the Pine controller pack. That is why I bought the larger pack with the hope of just having one pack to run my system for timelapse.

Cheers
FRANK
#22 stars
It has just arrived and I am charging it now.

Like the old XT packs you can charge at the same time as draining, so a second XT can be used in the field as reinforcement to extend duration.

I forgot to add that I even disabled wifi connection in case that was the culprit, causing either Case Relay power drain. So I got a new Android tablet with real USB to connect to Nikon directly. Much better; no wifi issues anymore.

Also, I understand about cold batteries, I keep them insulated. Soon I will need a second battery to power a battery heater. Battery cars use battery heaters by the way.

Also, to add that for deep sky astrophoto I have a Celestron Tank battery (which turns out to be way smaller than I anticipated) but is OK for 12volt feed. But it has a fast USB charge socket......you can guess the rest.....I am pretty sure it exhibits the same behaviour and is now replaced by this https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B07DZ5P...UTF8&psc=1

...also check out: