LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: DNG Z-Cam E1 White Balance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This may belong in a bug report-let me know.

Win 10
LRT 5.0.4
Lightroom Classic CC 7.2
ADR 10.2
Z-Cam E1 Firmware 0.30

I have a new Z-Cam (http://www.z-cam.com/e1/) that takes JPEGs and DNGs. As soon as I hit "auto transition", the white balance column goes away, and all DNG images are set to 5001/+10 for the WB. This happens regardless of any settings I have made in Lightroom. As shot, Auto and Custom all give the same results. There are in-camera LUTs of sRGB and Z-Log and both act the same way (I'm not sure if the LUTs even affect still shots). I have used the "Validate DNG" and "Convert to DNG" Lightroom options and there is no difference in LRT behavior for the DNGs.

I can provide lots more details and screen shots if this is really something new. JPEGs from the Z-Cam, and RAW Canon files all work as they should.

I have used LRT for quite some time, so hopefully this isn't some user error thing. I didn't have the Z-cam back when using LRT 4, so no help there. Thanks in advance for the help.
Try changing the white balance treatment in the metadata menu in LRT!

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...
To my great relief, yes, that worked. Thanks Gunther.

For those who might be interested:
I had actually tried this before, but it seemed then to have no effect. I expect I tried it too late in the process. This option is not available when LRT is first opened. After loading a folder you can get to it via the "metadata" toolbar menu. "Absolute" can then be chosen, rather than the "Relative" default. After making the change, I then clicked on the STAR to re-initialize the sequence. I don't know if that was necessary or not, but I thought it couldn't hurt. I then proceeded with the normal workflow.

As far as I can tell, this setting is not persistent. As soon as you change folders, the WB handling returns to the default. So if you have a camera that needs this, you will have to set it each time. However, if you return to a folder that has had the change made, the change in WB handling will still be there when you return.