LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Syrp Genie Mini and Auto-Holy-Grail qDslrDashboard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey Guys!

I finally make the qDslrDashboard Auto-Holy-Grail working

Setup:
Canon 5D mark iV 
Syrp Genie Mini (https://syrp.co.nz/products/genie-mini)
iPhone 7 OS 11.3
Memory card (not very fast one) 
Standard sync cable (unmodified)
Syrp Genie mini - I put that Shutter signal to 100 ms in the Syrp app (fastest)
Move Shoot Delay 300 ms 
Canon 5D mark iV Raw + jpeg smallest size 0.3 Mb 
Preview switch off.

Interval 5" sec shutter speed 3.2" and all is working (not worked with a 3rd party intervalometer before) F-stop is changing as well as ISO.
Seems that Genie Mini is not sending focus signal as all other intervalometers (I am sure, but maybe I mistaken) 1.8 sec is really short delay for other intervalometers. 

Problem:
If I switch to other app, when I back to qDslrDashboard is not working anymore. The app is kinda work I can manually change F-stop and Iso but not in Auto-Holy-Grail.
It's not showing previews anymore. No matter what I do, reconnect, close app and open again. Press show next jpeg, nothing is showing to trigger auto-holy-grail routine.
Any suggestion how to make it work after accidental switch off during time-lapse ?
Have you tried making a cable that joins the shutter and focus together ? https://lrtimelapse.com/news/intervalometer-hack/
I know about that hack, but as I mention in the post its works great without the hack. 
So seems that Genie Mini is not sending focus signal to the camera.

My problem is not with cable but rather with qdslrdashboard, that if I switch to another app or close app accidently is will not stop work anymore. 
No previews is coming and no auto-grail is working. 
Is there any way to make the app working again during time-lapse ?
You should leave qDDB active while shooting. You can briefly switch away to another app and then come back, but make sure that the mobile OS doesn't stop the app (can happen while in background). I recommend also to set the option in qDDB to leave the screen on all the time.
Thank you!

I thought so, but hope maybe there is a way to make it alive again after accidental switching off
Sure, you can just restart and normally it should take over again.

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...
The thing is ... its not. 
That is my whole problem. 
Nothing I do can "restart" the auto-holy-grail process again. The previews no longer coming to TL screen , hence app is no longer operates the camera, I can only do that manually. Is there any trick to restart it again?

BTW forget to mention app version 3.5.4 (latest available for iOS)
After restarting, if the Auto Holy Grail does not pick up automatically, make sure that "Auto Holy Grail" is deactivated, then click on "display next jpg", wait until the image it there. Then check the settings for the boundaries and activate AHG again.
Thank you. 

After restarting, if the Auto Holy Grail does not pick up automatically
- I thought so. 

make sure that "Auto Holy Grail" is deactivated, then click on "display next jpg", wait until the image it there.
- Did that , never see an image again. 

Then check the settings for the boundaries
- What is that? Where can I find it? what boundaries?

BTW an Update I was quick to jump the gun on the Syrp. Today I was testing it real life , 5 sec interval with 2.5 sec exposure. It started to skip the frames, 
5 sec, 5 sec, 10 sec , 5 sec , 5sec , 10 sec.
I might to hack the cable after all Sad
Yeah, or check the settings for the exposure time, maybe you can change them in the syrp controller (I don't know).

Re: Boundaries: I meant longest exposure, max Iso etc. The settings on the LRT page in qDDB.
If you feel there is a technical problem with qDDB please reach out to the developer via dslrdashboard.info, he might be able to help.
Pages: 1 2