LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Recent not-interrupting intervalometer.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello LRTimelapse users Smile. I always had a problems while shooting timelapses when intervals between photos were short, and exposures (because of getting dark) got longer. When difference was to small (something about less than 3,5 seconds) I can see nothing on camera preview. I've got Canon 5D mark III and I am using Aputure AP-TR3C controller. I've read in Gunther's book that there are intervalometers that can send signal to camera (if I understand it well) and I will still have the possibility to change the parameters wthout interrupting the process. Gunther mentioned Pixel TW-252 as a nice choice. Anyone knows if Pixel TW-282 or TW-283 works nice? Are there any differences between 282 and 283? Or should I buy 252, or there are other good choices? Thank you in advance Smile.
The way to get shorter "darktimes" is to hack the AF signal of your timer: https://lrtimelapse.com/news/intervalometer-hack/
Thank you Gunther Smile. Can you see any advantages of changing my intervalometer to Pixel's  one? Or they are the same on paper?
Pixel 252 will have 1 second dark time (which you can also remove via the hack), it's a good choice to start with. I don't know about your timer.