LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: DP stage one slider - stickyness in its movement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just purchased a DP system used.  Seems great but the motorized slider doesnt seem very smooth to me.  I know its a non issue in SMS mode but for video it doesnt seem like it will produce very good results.  

Is this typical and video is just a whole nother animal for motorized slides? Or do I just need to experiment with different settings?

It seems like it will move slowly for a couple of seconds and then have a little bit of stop/jerk.  Just an overall inconsistency and probably pointless for ahooting video in that way.

Just wondering what experiences you all have had and any advice would be helpful.
Maybe the motor is stalling because it tries to go too fast. Maybe you could tweak the motor settings in the app.
Yes i havent attempted to tweak any of the motor settings in the app. Will give it a shot
If you can't get it going, the Dynamic Perception support should be the address to refer to.