LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Radial Filter Inverting between Keyframes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been battling this issue for the last 2 days, I can't seem to work out the issue.

Firstly I'm on a Win10 machine, using LRT5.0.6 with Lightroom Classic 7.1.

I've followed the workflow from the beginning, I have used the radial filters generated by LRT when tweaking the Milkyway in Lightroom, but about 2/3 way through the radial filter rotated/ inverts (best way to describe it). This is strange, because for the first 2/3 of the project it is fine. I've tried adding more key frames over the area in which it inverts, but all it does is compress it, so it occurs over a quicker period of time.

I've attached a video, so you can see what I mean and I've also looked in the table and have spotted some weird values in the "1st circle angle column", these correspond to when the filter in rotating/ inverting.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

King Regards - Graham
Lightroom flips the filter when it gets rotated more than 45 degrees. Maybe this is what you are experiencing.
To solve it, start with a filter rotated to the other direction, you might have to stretch it on the other axis. This will usually give you room to do the rotation.

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...
Thank You. I didn't know about the filter flipping after 45 degrees, this is exactly what was happening. I followed your advice and used a wider area in the filter which required less rotation. Got the sequence to work perfectly.

Thanks Once again for the help!!!