LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Adapting a DP NMX motor to a third party slider?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

after a bit of trial and error with a third party intervalometer/motion controller I'm considering upgrading to the NMX system from DP.

I have a Neweer carbon fiber slider which sports a DC motor that I'd like to swap for a stepped one.

DP sells an upgrade kit, but I think it's strictly for their legacy sliders...anybody tried to fit an NMX kit (motor/pulley/belt) to a third party slider with success?

Thanx

L.
In general, if you can fit a stepper to your slider, it will work with the NMX.
The main work here is mechanical stuff any decent machineshop should be able to do...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro
Hi thanx for the reply.
I'm just doing that via a 3D printed adapter bracket. I'm fine-tuning the details of the pulley and belt to insure a smooth movement. I was scared away from the NMX because I saw it's got proprietary connectors and motors, so I thought a regular, off the shelf stepper motor (like this one I got on Amazon just to try the thing out for cheap https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B0728HY...UTF8&psc=1) would not work with the DP system. If you say this is not the case and that such a regular, non DP motor can be controlled by the NMX then I may as well go for it after I have the mechanical part sorted out.
L.
I have not found a stepper that won‘t work with the NMX, so go ahead and try. It should work.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro
Great, I just have to find out what kind of connector is that and build a suitable cable...new belt and pulley are on the way...Once I'll have the transport sorted out I'll look into the NMX controller.
Thanx!
Can you recommend a stepper motor that is strong and reliable enough and that I can work with the NMX )other than theirs)? Looks like the one I have at the moment isn't capable of pulling the cart when the slider is at an angle...

Thanx