LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Day to night transition with ND- when remove it ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Gunter,
During the day part, nd filter (10 stops) allows slow speed which reduces the flikering that is a good thing. But when the light fades? you increase the ISO. (100-1600 4 stop)?
The question is, When remove it and what happend after? or what I'm not understand ??

I thought using a vario ND, but you do not recommended in your excelent book for reasons of color shift.

Do you know the filter
Schneider - True-Match Vari-ND

Thank
Hi, in such situation I avoid using an ND filter, even in the daylight part because it can get tricky to remove it without shifting the camera and even trickier to level the resulting color-shift and difference in vignetting afterwards.
ND Filters are a weak measure to really remove flicker. If you consider my tipps for removing flicker when shooting (for example in my EBook) you won't have much issues with flicker anyway - remaining flicker can be dealt with in LRTimelapse.
(2012-06-28, 12:06)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, in such situation I avoid using an ND filter, even in the daylight part because it can get tricky to remove it without shifting the camera and even trickier to level the resulting color-shift and difference in vignetting afterwards.
ND Filters are a weak measure to really remove flicker. If you consider my tipps for removing flicker when shooting (for example in my EBook) you won't have much issues with flicker anyway - remaining flicker can be dealt with in LRTimelapse.

Gunther, are you saying that in these situations (going from daylight to dusk/evening or the other way) you don't use an ND filter and instead opt for a faster shutter speed to control exposure? (I'm assuming that the lowest iso of 100 is still too high to capture images at 180-degree shutter speeds, and also assuming that you're shooting wide open.)

Thanks...

-g
Yes, that's right...