LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Metadata not Reloading into LR Timelapse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I used to use LR3 and LRTimelapse and have never had a problem, so I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing. I just upgrade to LR4 and downloaded the latest version of LR Timelapse and.... I'm having a problem.

I'm working with a set of jpgs. After I initialize the files and select 3 keyframes (first, around the middle, and last) I save the metadata. LR Timelapse does not appear to save the data in sidecar files (XMP) but writes it to the file.

I then go over to LR4 and read the metadata from the files. I can then turn on the filter and I'll see the three files I marked as keyframes show up with a single star rating.

So far, so good.

I make my adjustments to the first image, copy and paste the settings to the middle image and make some further changes, and then copy and paste those settings to the final image. Then I go to the Library module and select all images and do a Ctrl-S to save the metadata. It again does not save to sidecar files, but saves the information in the image file.

I then go back into LR Timelapse and select all files, then click Reload.

Nothing happens. None of the changes to the metadata in the first, middle, and last images gets imported into LR Timelapse.

Never had this problem with LR3 and older versions or LR Timelapse.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Key
Hi,
JPGs have never had sidecar files - this is how Adobe intends this to be.

Regarding the LR4 issue: have you set the Process Version to LR4 in the LRTimelapse settings and restarted LRTimelapse? Does it say: "LRTimelapse 1.9.4 LR4, Exiftool" on the Main Screen?

Best
Gunther
(2012-06-27, 13:01)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
JPGs have never had sidecar files - this is how Adobe intends this to be.

Regarding the LR4 issue: have you set the Process Version to LR4 in the LRTimelapse settings and restarted LRTimelapse? Does it say: "LRTimelapse 1.9.4 LR4, Exiftool" on the Main Screen?

Best
Gunther

Yes, that's what it says.

Edit: I poked around some more and upon further examination, it looks like LR Timelapse IS reading in the changed metadata, it just doesn't update preview images. I've tried Ctrl-F5 with no luck. Not ideal, but certainly workable.

Thank you!
(2012-06-28, 00:39)keyspan Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: I poked around some more and upon further examination, it looks like LR Timelapse IS reading in the changed metadata, it just doesn't update preview images. I've tried Ctrl-F5 with no luck. Not ideal, but certainly workable.
The preview files are never updated - and they never have been! This is by concept - because the rendering (applying development parameters) takes place in the very first step when exporting the video. LRTimelapse does not know how the result will look - so the preview is alway the original one.
(2012-06-28, 01:04)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-28, 00:39)keyspan Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: I poked around some more and upon further examination, it looks like LR Timelapse IS reading in the changed metadata, it just doesn't update preview images. I've tried Ctrl-F5 with no luck. Not ideal, but certainly workable.
The preview files are never updated - and they never have been! This is by concept - because the rendering (applying development parameters) takes place in the very first step when exporting the video. LRTimelapse does not know how the result will look - so the preview is alway the original one.

Ha! Wow. Not sure why I thought they were updated when I was using LR3 and an earlier version. My bad.

Thanks!
Key