LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: 2160p file does not play properly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a sequence that I've rendered at 1080p and it plays perfectly. I've tried to render it at 2160p using the 2160p @ 30.000 LRTimelapse Pro (4K) preset and the video doesn't play properly. Every one or two seconds the screen is frozen, then it plays for a second or two, then freezes again, etc.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks very much for your time!
The problem is that most players won't play movies bigger than 1080p correctly. For example the Windows Mediaplayer doesn't. With VLC you can normally play 3K if your computer is fast enough.
Anyway: the high resolution templates are mostly made for post processing. So just drop them into Premiere Pro or another Video Editing Programm capable of those high resolutions and you are fine and can make crops and ken burns effects in video editing without loss of resolution.
(2012-07-03, 09:16)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is that most players won't play movies bigger than 1080p correctly. For example the Windows Mediaplayer doesn't. With VLC you can normally play 3K if your computer is fast enough.
Anyway: the high resolution templates are mostly made for post processing. So just drop them into Premiere Pro or another Video Editing Programm capable of those high resolutions and you are fine and can make crops and ken burns effects in video editing without loss of resolution.

Quicktime will play the 2880 x 1620 version of Timescapes on my computer without any trouble. (I have a one-year-old iMac 27" with 16GB of RAM.) I tried rendering my sequence with the 1620p preset and it starts and stops at the same places the 4K file does. Is there something I can adjust to render a 3K or 4K video that plays with Quicktime?

I don't have any experience yet with video editing. I'm going to learn enough of After Effects to do some post work. Will your presets work with that?
I don't know in which codec the timescapes 3K version is encoded - with Lightroom we can only encode in H.264 and certainly the HD templates are pushing things to the boundaries - Adobe never intended to output HD Video from Lightroom nor to make time lapse movies with Lightroom. For post processing the templates work very well, you can certainly import those files into premiere or After Effects. When using After Effects I would recommend importing the RAW sequence with the XMP-edits you did in LRTimelapse directly without rendering in Lightroom first.
(2012-07-03, 19:23)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know in which codec the timescapes 3K version is encoded - with Lightroom we can only encode in H.264 and certainly the HD templates are pushing things to the boundaries - Adobe never intended to output HD Video from Lightroom nor to make time lapse movies with Lightroom. For post processing the templates work very well, you can certainly import those files into premiere or After Effects. When using After Effects I would recommend importing the RAW sequence with the XMP-edits you did in LRTimelapse directly without rendering in Lightroom first.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
Media Player Classic plays big files even better then VLC in my experience.
(2012-07-03, 19:28)Michael Delman Wrote: [ -> ][quote='gwegner' pid='4101' dateline='1341332632']
I don't know in which codec the timescapes 3K version is encoded - with Lightroom we can only encode in H.264 and certainly the HD templates are pushing things to the boundaries - Adobe never intended to output HD Video from Lightroom nor to make time lapse movies with Lightroom. For post processing the templates work very well, you can certainly import those files into premiere or After Effects. When using After Effects I would recommend importing the RAW sequence with the XMP-edits you did in LRTimelapse directly without rendering in Lightroom first.

Can you tell me how to import these templates into AE? I've tried Edit->Templates->[render settings or output module]->Load and navigating to the folder with the Pro templates, but your template files are grayed out. Thanks.
I didn't mean you to import the Templates into AE (they will only work with Lightroom), I meant to import the 3K files made with the templates into AE or Premiere for further processing.
(2012-07-09, 08:27)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't mean you to import the Templates into AE (they will only work with Lightroom), I meant to import the 3K files made with the templates into AE or Premiere for further processing.

Sorry to be so dense here, but how do I make the 3K files without rendering in Lightroom?
You render the 3K files in Lightroom using the templates, then you import them into Premiere/AE.
Pages: 1 2