LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: flicker pb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I realize a timelapse of seed germination during a sequence of several days.
https://vimeo.com/45295402

Equipment:
photographs in a greenhouse
Canon 30D (awaiting a 650D) + 50mm f1.8 (next test: Sigma 150mm macro)
Manual exposure 1/160, f9
two flashes Elinchrom D lite 2

This video was made in LR with timelapse deflicker smooth at 20
problem: non-regular transitions of photos taken during the day as brightness variations due to clouds and sun

How do I do to not having these brightness variations? better exposure, post-processing via lrtimelapse?

thank you

Admin, Is it explain in your book? I am interested in this book he explains it all.
Hi, this is really difficult - i would try shooting with a ND-filter to get high exposure times (several seconds), and then deflicker with LRTimelapse, I assume the video was not deflickered yet? Normally you should be able to get a much better result. Set the reference Area for deflickering to the Sky, for example left of the weed.
(2012-07-06, 19:54)gwegner Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, this is really difficult - i would try shooting with a ND-filter to get high exposure times (several seconds), and then deflicker with LRTimelapse, I assume the video was not deflickered yet? Normally you should be able to get a much better result. Set the reference Area for deflickering to the Sky, for example left of the weed.

Thanks for your answer. I bought your book today. I think It will be difficult to shoot with ND filter because plant will moving during several seconds of exposure.

The better soluce now : manual exposure in Lighrtoom...
(2012-07-06, 20:39)sebc Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your answer. I bought your book today. I think It will be difficult to shoot with ND filter because plant will moving during several seconds of exposure.
that normally doesn't matter - it will give a smooth resolt.

Quote:The better soluce now : manual exposure in Lighrtoom...
no, all you can achieve there manually should be possible much quicker with the LRTimelapse deflicker algorithm, when done right. After reading the book you will definitely know how to master it!