LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Holy Grail - first attempt!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all!

I'd be interested to know what you think of my first attempt at a "Holy Grail" day to night timelapse which you can find here:

https://youtu.be/Iy9yod-OG3g

This was at Durlston, Swanage, Dorset, UK, for 2 hours starting 30 min after sunset on 9th October 2018.

I used qDSLRdashboard running on a tablet, I also used the intervalometer in the app.

I can see some improvements I need to make but if anyone has any suggestions for refinements I would appreciate receiving them.

I would particularly like to ask about refining the de-flickering process: after two passes I still had the pink line on the screen going outside the green band. I will see if I can upload a screenshot. How should I change the settings to improve this? I can still see some brightness changes when it plays.

Does it run too fast ? Too slowly?

Look forward to hearing your comments!

Terry M
I'm going to try one of these with the Milky Way later this year! I like it! There's some flickering. But, I'm sure you solved this by now. If you have anymore out there, please share!
Hi Terry nice one. what date did you take it?
I think this is amazing for a first attempt! As for speed, I think its good how it is but have a play and see what you like Smile