LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Spectrum ST4 + Foolography Unleashed Holy Grail Possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
H Again –

Just curious if anyone has used the eMotimo Spectrum ST4 as a 3-axis motion controller rig, and then combined it with this new Foolography Unleashed module:

https://www.foolography.com/products/unleashed/

Can the Unleashed trigger the camera for SMS timelapse using its own implementation of Gunther's magic automated Holy Grail exposure settings? (They list the LRTimelapse HG method as one of the options in their interface) I can see each working independently, but don't understand how the two would sync an SMS sequence correctly.

Currently, I setup my 2-axis timelpases on my Dynamic Perception rig, and it controls the camera moves, plus the intervalometer settings. Fo achieving the Holy Grail, I have to babysit the rig, and change the camera settings manually in between moves, the "old fashioned way" of doing Gunther's Holy Grail method. It works of course, but can get tiresome (and cold!)

How cool it would be if this new Unleashed module could talk to the camera, and the camera could initiate the SMS sequence on the Spectrum ST4. I just don't know how that would work.
For any solution which triggers the camera on its own, you need to set the spectrum to slave mode. You'd need a hot-shoe adapter to do so which you put on the hot shoe of the camera and plug it into the aux port of the spectrum to trigger the movement.
Thank you, Gunther.

I'm still curious if you know, or have tried out this Unleashed device on a Spectrum ST4?
No, I didn't, sorry...
Thanks again for the confirmation. Since I think you know those guys, any chance they could send you a unit to review? Along with many other I imagine, we'd all be interested in your opinions.
I have one here, just didn't have the time yet.
The Unleashed sounds amazing. Preordered!
I tried to make The UL22 work with my two Syrp Genie Mini as mentioned here:
https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-tes...1#pid55511
Unfortunately the Genie Mini does not move at all although it connects.
The adviced workflow seems to be quite complicated- setup a stop motion sequence in the syrp app, then disconnect and connect to the unleashed and run it via the UL22 app. If it would work, I could get used to it- but right know it neither moves nor I found my mistake nor I get ananswer on their board.

I tried to let the Genie Mini triger the camera via cable and set the UL22 to HG and EXT- interval (trigger).
It works at least that the Unleashed app counts the triggers from the Genie app, but it did not change the settins of the camera as needed for a HG.
If s.o. tries to make the UL22 work it would be nice to cooperate and share our problems. I try to make it work with a 700D and a A7R3...

@gunther Can you provide informations about the different algorithms LRT sunrise beta etc in their app?

BR,
Tim
Wouldn't the foolography forum be a better place for such questions? https://community.foolography.com/
sure! but the respective persons (oliver, tim) seem to be to busy to answer questions...
Pages: 1 2