LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: Interval ramping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I finished building my LRTimelapse Pro-Timer a few weeks ago and it is working well. I am working my way through the settings now, but I don't understand the reason for the interval ramping in bulb mode. How is altering the interval between the shots going to do alter the exposure for day to night shots? Surely the time the shutter is open needs to be ramped.
Interval ramping has nothing to do with bulb or bulb ramping. Interval ramping just makes the intervals longer or shorter while shooting.

Bulb ramping is not a good idea, since it doesn't work: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-is-...ime-lapses

For decent day-to-night / night-to-day exposure/iso ramping you need a separate solution like qDslrDashboard.
Hi Gunther,
I use a Sony camera fitted with a variable ND filter and control the changing light conditions by altering the ND filter by hand and controlling the ISO using the Sony app on my tablet. Everything on the Sony is in manual mode No problems there, everything works great with the device that I have built, thanks to you. I was just wondering why interval ramping is on your LRTimelapse Pro Timer Free if it is not used.
Of course Interval ramping is a very useful feature, for example, if you want to capture a sunset with a shorter interval and later the stars with a longer one.

BTW: using variable ND filters is not a good idea for timelapse shooting. When sufficiently dimmed for timelapse work, the cause nasty shadings, and their compensation would not be reflected in exif data, which would prevent the Holy Grail wizard from correcting. It turned out in the last years, that the best practice is to do discrete shutterspeed and iso ramping.
Thanks for the advice